Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I heard Apple lock away these premium models away for VIPs... any ideas?

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
Don't worry, if you don't get the combination you want, take it into apple and tell them the component configuration you want. i had to do this 10 times before i got lucky number 11

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Don't worry, if you don't get the combination you want, take it into apple and tell them the component configuration you want. i had to do this 10 times before i got lucky number 11

You exchange 10 times?????? Wow you got some patient there! So did you end up with Samsung Screen and SSD?

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
You have to lend your wife/girlfriend to the sales assistant before you get a Samsung SSD & screen.

OR if you previously visited the genius bar with a phone, laptop or computer for repair, if they found naked images on your hdd you get VIP status allowing you to get the combo. Mr X. a trusted and reliable source explained that all apple profits come from selling amateur photos to the adult sites.

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada
Strangely I find the Samsung display in the 2011 11.6" MBA seems to have a better black colour and shade which gives me the impression it looks better the the LG.

I checked things out in the Apple Store after reading the forum. In the store that I went to, there were two 11.6" MBA i5 side by side. One is LG and the other is Samsung. I played with different desktop pictures and come with the impression.

On the other hand, it just happened the two 11.6" MBA have 1 Samsung SSD and 1 Toshiba SSD. Samsung SSD seems to be slightly quicker. The difference varies with tasks. Tried opening a Safari, iTune, download a file from the Internet.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
You have to lend your wife/girlfriend to the sales assistant before you get a Samsung SSD & screen.

OR if you previously visited the genius bar with a phone, laptop or computer for repair, if they found naked images on your hdd you get VIP status allowing you to get the combo. Mr X. a trusted and reliable source explained that all apple profits come from selling amateur photos to the adult sites.
You weren't wearing pants when you wrote this, were you?

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I heard Apple lock away these premium models away for VIPs... any ideas?

Interesting, you want the 'inferior' SSD and 'inferior' display?
If this is a combo you want, try the refurb section :> Lots of people are returning that which you most want. I'd say that the likelihood is actually high that you can get what you want.

rds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Interesting, you want the 'inferior' SSD and 'inferior' display?
If this is a combo you want, try the refurb section :> Lots of people are returning that which you most want. I'd say that the likelihood is actually high that you can get what you want.

Funny! I almost believed you there!

activ8

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
It will say on the box.

unled1vdz.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.