PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have this popup problem with Lion?

kettlecorn
Jul 27, 2011, 03:44 PM
Whenever I get popup windows in my browser (Chrome. Haven't tried with other browsers) ...such as a pop-up login form or something, it will change the screen over to a different "desktop space". If I'm using Chrome in Desktop Space 1, when I open the pop-up, it will slide and show some loading stuff on Desktop Space 3 or 4 (or whatever's next).

Then, when I try to go back to Desktop Space 1 using Mission Control or 3 finger swipe, it will show up for a second and revert back to the other space. The other space is just a BLANK desktop. This drives me CRAZY. I have to revert and revert back, swipe over and over until it "gives in" and stays there.

Sometimes when I open things in "New Window", it opens it in an entirely different desktop space. And when I use Mission Control to swipe between them or preview them, one of them doesn't even show up on the Mission Control Zoom view. It's like a bug or a glitch where it doesn't know that new windows are supposed to stay in the same Desktop Space and it has 1 application running in 2 different Spaces at once and it keeps reverting by itself.

Anyone experience this??

david.treblig
Sep 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
The exact same thing always happens to me. Anyone seen a fix? Many chrome updates since then, they do not have corrected this issue [yet]. :(