PDA

View Full Version : Leaving full screen mode

And
Jul 27, 2011, 04:12 PM
So... I'm sure it is supposed to be obvious, but how to you get an application to leave the full screen mode, the only way I have found (using Chrome) is to shut the program down and re-open it. Any pointers?

Zcott
Jul 27, 2011, 04:14 PM
It's supposed to be Esc, but I've found it can take a few presses. Doesn't seem to be massively responsive, but it does work.

One way I've found is to click in to the middle of the window then press Esc.

CyBeRino
Jul 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
So... I'm sure it is supposed to be obvious, but how to you get an application to leave the full screen mode, the only way I have found (using Chrome) is to shut the program down and re-open it. Any pointers?

Normally, there's a button in the right side of the menu-bar and esc will generally do it, too.

Chrome is an exception as it somehow 'supports' the lion full screen bits but at the same time doesn't do it properly. I suspect it's just a side-effect of how it's handled in chrome that happens to mesh somewhat with how Lion wants it done.

In Chrome, cmd-shift-F will exit full-screen mode.

And
Jul 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
It's supposed to be Esc, but I've found it can take a few presses. Doesn't seem to be massively responsive, but it does work.

One way I've found is to click in to the middle of the window then press Esc.

Esc doesn't work, have already tried that...

And
Jul 27, 2011, 04:19 PM
Normally, there's a button in the right side of the menu-bar and esc will generally do it, too.

Chrome is an exception as it somehow 'supports' the lion full screen bits but at the same time doesn't do it properly. I suspect it's just a side-effect of how it's handled in chrome that happens to mesh somewhat with how Lion wants it done.

Ah, sounds like Chrome is broken as opposed to my ability to find an obvious button somewhere. There is no equivalent button in the menubar to undo the fullscreen mode. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

CyBeRino
Jul 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
Ah, sounds like Chrome is broken as opposed to my ability to find an obvious button somewhere. There is no equivalent button in the menubar to undo the fullscreen mode. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

It's in the View menu.

And
Jul 27, 2011, 04:21 PM

Sorry, forgot to say, thanks for Cmd-Shift-F solution, this works and will do for now. At least I don't have to quit each time.