Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Hi all... I've just bought a 450 G4 Zif from daystar for my B&W G3. I currently have it running at 550 mhz and all seems fine. I did try it at 600 mhz and it seemed fine for a while but it hung when importing a cd into itunes and again when running a Quake III test. Im guessing this is as it overheated? Anyway, before I try it again at 600 I thought I would attach a Pentium or AMD heatsink/fan to it and use some Arctic Silver. Does anybody know of any that fit pretty much straight on or have tried it themselves? I read somewhere on xlr8yourmac.com that you can use a Volcano 6 but you have to bend the clips and modify it a bit I think. I also read that a radioshack one will fit straight on but as I live in the UK this isnt an option. Also, which Pentium design fits best (Socket A, 478 etc...)? I would prefer to buy one that I can just use the standard heatsink clip with and bolt it straight on. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

*** 3 YEAR OLD BUMP?!!?

I've dug out this old system and never did find a heatsink for it, any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.