Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hops0rz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Hi all!

I'm pretty decided to pick one of those MBA 13" i5 256ssd but there is something that concerns me. I came from a 2007's MacBook equipped with that piece of crap called GMA 3100 as graphic card and it really bothers me when I do expose in my 24" screen, the framerate during the transition slow down to ~1fps. Maybe it's a dumb question but knowing that the new integrated graphics card isn't a big deal, could anyone tell me if with the Intel HD3000 that kind of transitions go smooth using an external display?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
There are a couple of other threads I recall seeing that discuss the performance using a monitor. I'm using a 27" ACD with the new 13" MBA and all I can say is that it works great. No issues or slowdowns observed.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The HD 3000 is far superior to the GMA 3100 that was used in the old MacBooks. While it isn't great for gaming, it is adequate for just about everything else. I'd suggest reading the Anandtech review, which has several tests of the graphics.

hops0rz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
oh, sorry if it was previously discussed, I did various searches but I didn't find anything. Thanks for your replies, they were very helpful. I hope to order my MBA in the next two weeks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.