PDA

View Full Version : My main issue with Lion

John Mang
Jul 27, 2011, 09:28 PM
I feel that many of the features aren't implemented system wide, and there aren't many customizable options. From gestures to features like dictionary. I feel features should be more tightly nit.
For example, gestures like two finger swipe for navigation aren't even enabled in Finder, which is appalling.

I also feel that there should be more customizable options, for example I feel we should be able to have the card sliding animation when we have three finger swipe enabled. if they implemented Options, we wouldn't have so many complainers like me who don't like some new features. Why not give us the freedom of choice?

John Mang
Jul 28, 2011, 04:04 AM
bump, come on..

lamerica80
Jul 28, 2011, 04:11 AM
These issues have been raised quite a few times here..I personally hate the card swiping animation (makes my OS act like an Ipad) and not being able to navigate back/forward with swipes in finder as i used to..

..we can just hope someone comes up with a terminal command for this or that apple updates the system to make it optional.

paulsalter
Jul 28, 2011, 04:23 AM
I also feel that there should be more customizable options, for example I feel we should be able to have the card sliding animation when we have three finger swipe enabled. if they implemented Options, we wouldn't have so many complainers like me who don't like some new features. Why not give us the freedom of choice?

I think Apple have been quite generous with options in Lion, although would love to see more customisable options

Usually it seems a case of 'Do it our way or go somewhere else'

NazgulRR
Jul 28, 2011, 04:26 AM
When you change the two finger swipe to three finger swipe, it will all of sudden work in finder and in all other programs as well. However, it loses the sliding card animation :S.

John Mang
Jul 28, 2011, 04:42 AM
I mentioned this in a previous thread.. that nobody again bothered to reply in. But I feel they should've given us an option to have either the card sliding animation with three finger swipes. In the sense, there should be only one gesture for navigation, unlike now where we have two separate.

So you have an option between two or three finger swipes for navigation (system wide) and either the card slide animation or the normal (system wide) for what ever you choice.

lamerica80
Jul 28, 2011, 07:00 AM
When you change the two finger swipe to three finger swipe, it will all of sudden work in finder and in all other programs as well. However, it loses the sliding card animation :S.

Interesting, cant wait to get home to try that! However does it work with the magic mouse too?

Another annoyance: When opening a new finder window and you scroll to the bottom to quickly access the last file (for example the just un-rared movie file), it not only does that annoying bouncy thing but also shows the transparent scrollbar, making it difficult to quickly click the last file.

I say ENOUGH with the animations and bling-bling apple, were not kids over here! :)

NazgulRR
Jul 28, 2011, 06:54 PM
I don't have the magic mouse, so I wouldn't know.

& agreed on the other annoyance, the transparent scrollbar.

tfalves
Jul 28, 2011, 07:04 PM
Interesting, cant wait to get home to try that! However does it work with the magic mouse too?
Yep, it does :)