PDA

View Full Version : how to remove bookmark icon from reader bar in Lion?

TimSS
Jul 28, 2011, 06:00 AM
New to the world of OS X, so bear with me.

I have a 13" MBP, so screen real estate is at a premium. I'm trying to get rid of the 'reader' portion of the toolbar and I've removed everything except the stubborn bookmark icon. I can (and have) put that icon on the toolbar with the address and search windows, so I want to remove the icon directly below the back arrow and make that whole portion of the toolbar disappear. Can anyone help me do this? Thanks in advance!

hollerz
Jul 28, 2011, 06:12 AM
Do you mean the Reading List icon (the glasses)?

If so, you can disable it in Safari > Preferences > Bookmarks. Uncheck "Include Reading List".

You could also just go View > Hide Bookmarks Bar if you don't want that bar visible.

baryon
Jul 28, 2011, 06:13 AM
View > Bookmarks Bar

You can also remove the bookmarks button in Safari Preferences > Bookmarks > Include Bookmarks Button (or whatever)

TimSS
Jul 28, 2011, 07:13 AM
Do you mean the Reading List icon (the glasses)?

Not the glasses, but the book--I can get everything to disappear except the book.

I'm at work now, so can't look at this until I get home. I'm assuming I already tried view>bookmarks bar, but maybe that one slipped by me. I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks!

Alan31
Sep 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
You could also just go View > Hide Bookmarks Bar if you don't want that bar visible.
Use this option your problem will be easily solve.