PDA

View Full Version : Annoying 10.7 Glitches

abhorcosm
Jul 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
#1. When I close my MBP, while it is still plugged in, instead of going to sleep, it will stay awake. When I open it again to try and log in, it will instead go to sleep. The only way to get around this is to press escape twice, type my password in within a second (or it will go back to sleep), and then press the "lower brightness" key. When the MBP is not plugged in, it behaves normally.

#2. This one happened for the first time today- when I tried to log in after waking from sleep, my password would not work. I am absolutely positive that I was typing it in correctly, caps lock off, whatnot. The only way for me to log in, other than restarting the computer, was to press "Switch User", and log in that way.

Has anyone else had either of these problems?

(2010 15" MBP, GM)

abhorcosm
Jul 28, 2011, 09:45 PM
No one?

Chundles
Jul 28, 2011, 09:47 PM
Nope.

Not having any of those problems.

Honey Badger
Jul 28, 2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, I had both problems. I have a Macbook Air. The first problem I had with Snow Leopard and I still have it with Lion. Unlike the way you get out of it, I press the space bar until it wakes up again and allows me to enter the password. The one way I solved this was to turn the password feature off so that no login is needed, but then you don't have password protection. Problem #2 I encountered when I changed my name in Users and Groups so that it would show up differently in the menubar in Lion. Restarting the computer allowed me to login normally.