PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who want to enable "Key repeat" on Lion, here you go

TheJing
Jul 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

Just copy that in Terminal and it should be fine.

Lion has this feature where you hold down a key and it let's you choose from different letters. This is the way to disable that so you can tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype this easily.

I posted this because I've seen some people asking about it. Hope it helps.

gentlefury
Jul 28, 2011, 12:07 PM
I don't really understand why people are annoyed by this. When has there ever been a need to tyyyyyyyyyyyyyype like this anyway???

TheJing
Jul 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
I don't really understand why people are annoyed by this. When has there ever been a need to tyyyyyyyyyyyyyype like this anyway???

Don't know. But people have asked for it.

Merks
Jul 28, 2011, 12:25 PM
I usually type like thisssssssssssssssss for emphasis...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KqQsYqm5HXQ/TUjFqRMkG9I/AAAAAAAAAUY/EMm_qKamwfY/s1600/josh-peck-fat-kid.jpg
EMPHASIS!

Partron22
Jul 28, 2011, 02:58 PM
When has there ever been a need to tyyyyyyyyyyyyyype like this anyway???
A •••••••••••••••••••••••••• string is a handy construct for marking spots being edited in a long document. I edit long docs far more often than I use a freaking όmlaut. What's so difficult about hitting 'opt-u u' anyway that Apple thinks they need to destroy decades old keyboard behavior, and replace it with a MODAL style popup menu?

iHateMacs
Jul 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
The repeat is intelligent. ------- and ======== and ++++++++ for instance repeat. I am English so rarely need any of the special characters but I like they way they are done in Lion. If I DO need one I know how to get it where as I wouldn't have before. ___________ also repeats :)