PDA

View Full Version : What if?

fortheloveofmac
Jul 28, 2011, 01:14 PM
I've been very happy so far with my MBP's Lion transformation. But, I'm only less than a month into my Mac conversion from PC, so I have some worries.

Now, say my MBP starts to have these problems everyone has been mentioning. Will Apple email or spread the word about a new download to fix alleged bugs? Will it update and fix them automatically when I select the routine software update? I got Lion for free, so will it remain free? Will it be up to me to get them fixed if I notice them? I'm not sure I will even notice something being wrong. I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do to get more in the know about these issues and how to fix them if they do surface. So far, so good though.

Thanks for any advice and help!

Mac Newbie

fisherking
Jul 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
once a week (i think it's once a week), software update will pop up (WHEN THERE ARE APPLE FIXES etc), and offer to upgrade for you.

click on 'show details' and you'll see what's there (i.e. a safari update, or iTunes...or the OS).

install, reboot (if need be, you'll be told if), and you're good to go...

fortheloveofmac
Jul 28, 2011, 01:59 PM
That's what I thought and hoped. Thank you!

fisherking
Jul 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
also, check in here (or the forums at macnn, or apple) regularly.

this is a great place to find fixes, workarounds, freeware and shareware apps that help.

and of course a great place to ask questions..

(btw am off today in case anyone wonders why i'm all over this forum today LOL)