PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Lion Networking Bug?

roadbloc
Jul 28, 2011, 02:10 PM
I have my home network all lovely, set up and working perfectly. Snow Leopard handled it all fine, however since upgrading to Lion, I appear to have two unknown computers in my finder sidebar.

http://i.imgur.com/ulIpm.png

As you can see from my screenshot, they both begin with the letters 'hp', which leads me to believe they are HP laptops/computers. They are also un-connectable.

I'm quite anal about my home network. I even have a diagram of it, as you can see, one of the laptops is present in my sidebar and I am connected to it. I have no idea what this could be but a Lion bug.

http://i.imgur.com/Rm6KC.png

mrapplegate
Jul 28, 2011, 02:18 PM
I have my home network all lovely, set up and working perfectly. Snow Leopard handled it all fine, however since upgrading to Lion, I appear to have two unknown computers in my finder sidebar.

A upgrade or clean install?
Ever have any HP equipment except the printer on your network?
Never mind, I see you said upgrade.

Charlie03
Jul 28, 2011, 03:19 PM
Mine is doing sort of the same thing, but in my case it is showing what I assume is the default name of my macbook pro. I connected to that machine using the same credentials as I do on the correctly labeled one. I have been searching around on a way to remove that but no luck so far.

mrapplegate
Jul 28, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mine is doing sort of the same thing, but in my case it is showing what I assume is the default name of my macbook pro. I connected to that machine using the same credentials as I do on the correctly labeled one. I have been searching around on a way to remove that but no luck so far.

You should be able to command drag it off.

roadbloc
Jul 28, 2011, 03:41 PM
A upgrade or clean install?
Ever have any HP equipment except the printer on your network?
Never mind, I see you said upgrade.
I actually did a clean install. Thanks to your comment though, I've actually resolved this. Lion appears to be recognising my printers as computers for some reason. I turned one off and one disappeared in the sidebar. So I guess that is that resolved.

mrapplegate
Jul 28, 2011, 03:43 PM
I actually did a clean install. Thanks to your comment though, I've actually resolved this. Lion appears to be recognising my printers as computers for some reason. I turned one off and one disappeared in the sidebar. So I guess that is that resolved.

Interesting. Glad it is resolved.

Charlie03
Jul 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
You should be able to command drag it off.

I did try Command and drag but still there. Not that its a big deal i am sure there will be a fix to it eventually. I am going to upgrade that macbook pro to lion as well. Thank you for the advice though.