Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msregister

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
my new mba 11 i7 i picked up today does not lay flat on a flat surface. seems like either one of the rubber feet is not of equal height, or something else is causing it.

anyone with the same experience and any suggestion how to solve this?

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
my new mba 11 i7 i picked up today does not lay flat on a flat surface. seems like either one of the rubber feet is not of equal height, or something else is causing it.

anyone with the same experience and any suggestion how to solve this?

Make an exchange. Unless if the feet on the bottom are simply uneven, the body may be uneven... and in that case, that could be rather annoying to have to live with.

msregister

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
thats a bummer, just picked it up at the store and now to have to bring it back...:(

superego

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2009
It's a common defect. 2010 Airs were plagued with that problem and sounds like Apple still haven't gotten it right. Most likely cause is that the case is warped. Take it back.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
I had same problem with my first 2010 Air. The replacement I got was also wobbling a bit, but over a couple weeks time, it kind of settled into flat position, and wobble disappeared. But due to very small foot print, you'll feel the wobble when the table/desk you work on is even ever so slightly uneven.

If your MBA is otherwise perfect, you might wanna give it a little more time and see if anything changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

iExpensive

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Yeah, I've heard of this happening in the 2010's.
I would return it because there's no reason why a premium laptop shouldn't be perfect.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
airs have always been like that.

find a flat surface. Apply a little torque to the case to get it right but not to much. I take no blame if you break it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.