Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Underhill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Previous to Lion, I was able to "screen share" and "connect" to my mac mini via my macbook pro. And I would be able to access each machine from each (back and forth).

Now after Lion, I am only able to "screen share". I am no longer able to"connect" either way. I enter my password and nothing happens. I went to the Genius Bar and brought my macbook pro and the dude accessed my settings to my Mini over LogMeIn and said I should be good to go. However, nothing changed.

Any others experiencing the same thing post-snow leopard?

(note- I am not doing any remote desktop thing - just connecting o machine over my home wifi).

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
How are you "connecting?"

File sharing?

Do icons for the other machines show up in the "shared" column in a Finder window sidebar?

Is file sharing or whatever services you want to access enabled on each machine?

Did the firewall settings change?

How is your router configured?

Rob

Mr. Underhill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
How are you "connecting?"

In Finder, the Macbook Pro shows up as Shared and the other way as well for the MacBook Pro showing the Mini as Shared.

For File Sharing, under Shared Folders, it goes like this:

* My Macintosh HD lists "System Amin" with "Read and Write"; System Group with Read Only; and Everyone with "Read & Write".

* My [insert my name"] Public Folder lists "insert my name" with "Read & Write"; Staff "Read Only" and Everyone with "No Access".

* My [insert the name of my machine] folder lists "insert my name" with "Read & Write"; Staff "Read Only" and Everyone with "Read & Write".

The above are the settings for my MINI and are the same on my Macbook Pro. The above were set by the Genius at the Apple Store last evening, simultaneously.

As for my Router, never had to configure it in the past b/c was only doing the "Sharing" over Wifi. And, worked days before under Snow Leopard.
File sharing?

And my Firewall is turned off on both machines.

Does this help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-28 at 6.00.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-28 at 6.00.28 PM.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 131
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.