PDA

View Full Version : iLife on Lion

IwantImac
Jul 28, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hey forums,

After I downloaded Lion, I saw that the iLife suite was missing. Now i didn't purchase iLife tbh. It was inigrated when i bought my iMac (running Snow Leopard). Now the question is can I still run iLife on Lion.

My idea was to insert the applications install dvd that i got with snow leopard and install iLife of there. Now I heard that apple has updated iLife to be compatible with Lion. If it's possible to retrieve iLife that way, will it still run. I mean I don't truly care about the updates, I just want a version of iLife to run.

Please help me out.

harrisondavies
Jul 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
It's an application disc, so yes it should work fine, then update.

TheGenerous
Jul 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
Perhaps you can install the 30 day trial while you resolve how to install them back or purchase them the next ilife version

Biolizard
Jul 28, 2011, 04:52 PM
Using your Applications DVD is exactly what you should do.

It's a common mistake that people make; iLife does not come with OS X but with your Mac. Depending on when you bought your iMac, I guess you either have iLife '09 or possibly '11, which are both fine on Lion.

The updates you're referring to are 'point' updates to iLife '11 (and possibly iLife '09, I haven't checked, but I doubt it as it's no longer the latest version) which are free and generally bring bugfixes but ocassionally new features such as, in this case, Full Screen compatibility. These can be downloaded as usual via Software Update I think.

IwantImac
Jul 29, 2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks A lot, I just wanted to check because I just downloaded Lion and I don't want problems already.