Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
Lion looks really awesome, but after the massive downgrade of iPhoto (imo) with the new version....i wonder how my SL version of iPhoto 09 will run on Lion??

This is the one of the main reasons I have not upgraded to Lion as yet...

I had an absolute nightmare with my photo library getting it back to iPhoto 09...

Any help would be great thanks...

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
I am running Lion and iPhoto '09...it's exactly the same as it was on SL, which is fine but it does not support fullscreen. I did a clean install of Lion, and installed iPhoto '09 from my iLife '09 install disc, then did a TM restore of my iPhoto library, with no problems.

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
I am running Lion and iPhoto '09...it's exactly the same as it was on SL, which is fine but it does not support fullscreen. I did a clean install of Lion, and installed iPhoto '09 from my iLife '09 install disc, then did a TM restore of my iPhoto library, with no problems.

thats fantastic!! Just what i wanted to hear...

I assume when you say its not suppurting fullscreen, you mean the app itself, but you can still edit your photo's in full screen like SL?

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
thats fantastic!! Just what i wanted to hear...

I assume when you say its not suppurting fullscreen, you mean the app itself, but you can still edit your photo's in full screen like SL?

Yes, you can still edit with fullscreen; It does not utilize Lion's fullscreen mode.

Also, I had to use software update to update to the very latest version of iPhoto '09 before my iPhoto library file could be read, so make sure you do all the updates first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.