PDA

View Full Version : New Lion Mail - Who Likey?

Ropie
Jul 29, 2011, 05:38 AM
I've been trying to get used to the new format of Mail in Lion but after a week I find I just can't relate to it. I don't like the restricted list view of my messages along the left hand side of the window and the ability to view my related mails as a thread just confuses me. Also, for some reason I can no longer search within emails using the search function of Mail (although I can with Spotlight) though this is not a big issue.

Am I missing something or has anyone else gone back to 'Classic' view, as I have?

Hellhammer
Jul 29, 2011, 05:39 AM
I really like the new Mail. It's brilliant in full screen.

Antowns
Jul 29, 2011, 05:39 AM
I'm liking the new mail app at the minute, the threaded mail stops my mailbox getting clogged up and its easier to read. Like all new things I'm sure if you give it another try you'll eventually learn to love it / miss it.

paulsalter
Jul 29, 2011, 05:43 AM
Overall liking the new mail

Just wish there was a way to unbold the read messages (not to fond of just having the little circle to identify new messages)

and I dont want to revert to the classic look

Ropie
Jul 29, 2011, 05:50 AM
I'm sure if you give it another try you'll eventually learn to love it / miss it.

Happy to give it another try at some stage. Like I said, I am probably missing something or not fully understanding the point of it.

Does the mail thread view only group emails with the same subject?

Jagardn
Jul 29, 2011, 06:03 AM
I like it. It's a little buggy at times, but I like the new interface.

xlii
Jul 29, 2011, 06:08 AM
I gave it a week... I really did. Just didn't like the screen layout. Maybe it was because I have a 13" screen. Today I put mail back to classic layout.

That's the only "make Lion look like Snow Leopard" move I've made. I really like the way the rest of Lion is working out for me.

meagain
Aug 4, 2011, 10:52 PM
I can't find any email I try to search for. It just doesn't work. WTH

QuarterSwede
Aug 4, 2011, 11:01 PM
I didn't really like it until I hid the Mailbox list and used the favorites bar for them. Now I love it!

Weaselboy
Aug 5, 2011, 10:16 AM
I didn't really like it until I hid the Mailbox list and used the favorites bar for them. Now I love it!

I did this too. I dragged a favorite up there for each folder and really like the way it works. The new Mail app was almost worth the $29 just by itself IMO.

Papanate
Aug 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
It's just a different look. I don't really dislike it, nor do I feel...oh Goody about it either....

scottsjack
Aug 5, 2011, 11:08 AM
No Likey, looks more like a tablet app. It's probably OK on small laptop screens but none of that full screen (no wasted space on the tablet) stuff looks good on full-size (real computer) monitors.

It looks like from now on it's one size fits all, and that size is not large.

Macman45
Aug 5, 2011, 11:16 AM
Didn't like it, so went back to good old Thunderbird. I was considering Outlook, as I have Office for mac installed, but Mr Gates wants 129.00 for the upgrade.

No way am paying that for an email client!

Amberfool
Aug 5, 2011, 12:04 PM
I like it a lot. It looks great, it works great, and does everything I want it to do. :D