PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo (or other) - Mail

spincr
Jul 29, 2011, 07:12 AM
Perhaps this belongs under the Apple mail sub forum, however it wasn't working before, so I'll add it here since its about the new Mail application.

Is it now possible to add a yahoo account in apple mail? I've had a lot of problems getting things to work with anything but a Gmail account.

ECUpirate44
Jul 29, 2011, 07:19 AM
I think you have to pay for yahoo mail plus to use it with another mail service. Gmail really is the best option.

ergdegdeg
Jul 29, 2011, 07:19 AM
I don't think that's a problem with Mail, it's a problem with Yahoo. Last time I checked, it only let you access your inbox via IMAP or POP if you pay.

I've got Mail working with a variety of non-Gmail and non-Yahoo accounts.

spincr
Jul 29, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hm alright then. Thanks, but its kinda annoying since a mail app should work with all or atleast most available sources.

ergdegdeg
Jul 29, 2011, 07:22 AM
Hm alright then. Thanks, but its kinda annoying since a mail app should work with all or atleast most available sources.

Like we said, it's Yahoo's fault. If they don't let Mail connect to their servers, there's nothing much Mail can do..

If you look around, there are a few free providers which also let you use Mail. GMX (http://www.gmx.com) is what I use and I've been a happy user for many years.

spincr
Jul 29, 2011, 07:24 AM
Its an itch.