PDA

View Full Version : Software update not working in 10.7

hdean
Jul 29, 2011, 10:07 AM
I am using macbook early 2008 model, intel core 2 duo, 2.4 ghz. i installed Macosx 10.7, but sore ware update is not working. is anyone having the same problem. and anybody knows how to resolve or any component need to install

wrldwzrd89
Jul 29, 2011, 10:22 AM
Please post a screen shot of the error message(s) Software Update is giving you.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Taking_Screenshots_in_Mac_OS_X

old-wiz
Jul 29, 2011, 10:54 AM
I tried Software update on Lion on a 2009 MBP, and it just said nothing to update.

hdean
Jul 29, 2011, 11:01 AM
I tried several times, but software update is not connected with server. I am received response as like this image.

martosprint
Jul 29, 2011, 02:48 PM
I don't have Lion installed but that same issue happened to me a couple of times using snow leopard. I tried software update again after awhile and it worked. So just keep trying and it will work. 

Quadron
Oct 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
I tried several times, but software update is not connected with server. I am received response as like this image.

Do you have LittleSnitch installed on your computer? Uninstall and it should solve the problem.

LionNz
Oct 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hello Apple Forum

I am new here and possibly not at the right place to ask a question but i will.
Do apple had corrected the finder fault not showing the mp3 artwork correctly ?
I had update from Lion 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and i don't see any correction.
Can anyone help please ?

Mr. Retrofire
Oct 16, 2011, 09:12 PM
Topic: Software update not working in 10.7

Your post:
Do apple had corrected the finder fault not showing the mp3 artwork correctly ?
I had update from Lion 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and i don't see any correction.
Can anyone help please ?

My comment:
:rolleyes:

entropi
Oct 23, 2011, 05:04 AM
it doesn't work in 10.6 either! that is, on one om my household's computers - my MBP17 can connect easily - my mothers MacBook just gets:

"Searching after updates failed. Couldn't communicate with Web proxy server (HTTPS)."

I have rebooted, erased several plist-files - but the problem remains unsolved...?

update! - there was a weird webproxy setting on my mothers macbook, I turned that off and now it works just as it should!