PDA

View Full Version : Wifi problems lion/

njean777
Jul 29, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hey guys/girls just wanted to ask is anybody else having wifi issues on their macs running lion? Im running it on a Late 2011 i5 macbook pro 13in and am having issues with wifi dropping out, under snow leopard this did not happen.

IzzyJG99
Jul 29, 2011, 11:04 AM
A lot of people are having this problem. Having to turn off Wi-Fi then turn it back on to work, to have it only work for a few minutes and then having to repeat.

I fixed it by changing the broadcast channel my Airport Express uses. I set it for 7.

BUT! I am still having problems with the Wi-Fi where it cuts out after a lot of intense traffic passing into my Mid-2009 iMac. So I changed the channel to 1. Fixed it.

So everyday I'm changing my channel between 1 and 7 to avoid this problem until Apple comes out with a fix. Which should be in the next 7-10 days.

PS: If you have anything like Avast (Virus software) or any other non-apple software that deals with your TCP/IP settings will screw up Wi-Fi. Apple has acknowledged this in their support forums.

pellets007
Jul 29, 2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, every time I wake it from sleep I have to run Network Diagnostics to bring the WiFi back on. :mad:

alandlc
Jul 29, 2011, 11:12 AM
Before Lion, my 2010 MBP would connect almost instantaneously and automatically to WiFi. Now, sometimes it takes a few (or many) cycles of checking for a signal. Sometimes I pick it out of the list of available networks. It's not too much of a hassle (i.e., I don't have to fiddle with the hardware or network diagnostics), but it's one thing I've noticed.

pillowcaser
Jul 29, 2011, 11:18 AM
Same issue. I have been using network diagnostics button in safari. A few clicks and it corrects itself. Strange to be sure. Definitely a Lion issue as it started within minutes of me upgrading. I have notice it more then just after sleep though. A few times it has happened in the middle of a session.

njean777
Jul 29, 2011, 03:25 PM
yeah I like lion, but downgraded back to snow leopard until they release an update for the wifi.

MecPro
Jul 30, 2011, 03:17 PM
Same problems here on my Santa Rose MBP, WIFI issues are driving me mad.

CUt outs, but mainly after sleep it doesn't find my Time Capsule for about 3 mins and I sleep my machine a lot when I'm working at home, so it's annoying

Waiting on the .2 update this week I hope

tom5304
Jul 30, 2011, 03:20 PM
Yep, I went back to Snow Leopard (a fairly time-consuming process) in part because Lion kept dropping my Wifi connection. Lion also kept searching for new networks every 15 seconds.

For me, Lion's Wifi is broken.

skasol
Jul 31, 2011, 08:37 AM
I am sad to report same issues here.

This sucks. I really like lion but need the internet to work.

RevB52
Jul 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
Haven't noticed it in my MacBook Pro 15" 2011, but my iPad 2s were doing it big time. Big forum about it on apples support site. Seemed to quit when I bought the new airport express in June. Thinking about it, I had my MBP hard wired until then. All work fine now, but before the new AEBS it was pitiful on the iPads but my iPhone and Dell laptop as well as an android tab were fine.

Seriously wondering if apple does any testing on other equipment besides their own. My previous router was a Netgear WNDR3700