Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

froehle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
From Apple's Online Store:

Special Offer—Get more from the Internet with .Mac. From April 12, 2005, until May 23, 2005, you'll pay just $69.95* when you sign up for a one-year .Mac membership. Just add to your cart to see the special pricing.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I like the .mac email address. I used to use Backup. I use iSync every day - I love being able to access my Safari bookmarks while at work on a Wintel box. The occasional "freebies" are sometimes worthwhile as well.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
macbaseball said:
I also heard that there was going to be a special widgets page for .mac customers.
Yup!

Attachments

• MacWidgets.jpg
    MacWidgets.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 74

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
For $100, it's worth can be dubious, but for $70 it's definitely worth it to me. The ease of use with iDisk and Mail is worth it (to me) even though I'm savvy enough to use a server from elsewhere, having to use a FTP client to upload files to it is just a hassle compared to the integration with Finder that iDisk has.

krollster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
London
Does it apply to retail box only?

I'd really like to upgrade, but does the special pricing only apply to the retail box you buy through the apple store? Anyone followed the upgrade path via Apple's website that doesn't involve them shipping anything to you?

Any info is appreciated as the offer runs out tomorrow!!

(I don't have the guts to input all my credit card details and see what happens at Step 3 of online upgrade!)

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
krollster said:
I'd really like to upgrade, but does the special pricing only apply to the retail box you buy through the apple store? Anyone followed the upgrade path via Apple's website that doesn't involve them shipping anything to you?

Any info is appreciated as the offer runs out tomorrow!!

(I don't have the guts to input all my credit card details and see what happens at Step 3 of online upgrade!)

I not quite sure, but i believe you pay full price and the get a cash back offer through the mail. Not 100% certain though.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Cheaper price is only for the actual .Mac boxes that you buy in shops.

I grabbed one last week - and the activation code "appears" to have worked... as my .Mac account now says "your account will be renewed on 22 June 2005".

$30 discount is good - let's hope this promo comes back next year!

kwajaln

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2004
CHICAGO!
Raven VII said:
For $100, it's worth can be dubious, but for $70 it's definitely worth it to me.
I really do not understand how only 30 bucks could make that much of a difference in determining the "value" of .Mac, but that's just me. If it's a good product, it's a good product (which .Mac really is, in my opinion). Now if we were talking about a $130 difference in price, I could relate, but it was only $30 more expensive before. If you can afford an Apple to begin with, you surely shouldn't be taken aback with having to shell out $99 for .Mac. But it's only $69 now, so go for it!! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.