Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Just wondering what the benchmark differences are between the i5 vs the i7 of the 11" MBA? Will I notice a big frame drop diffence when playing Starcraft 2? I don't do any photo or movie editing, just browse the web, email and chat, and music and watch movies and occasionally play Starcraft 2.

It would be helpful if someone had frame rates of the i5 vs i7 for starcraft 2.

Thanks,

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Just wondering what the benchmark differences are between the i5 vs the i7 of the 11" MBA? Will I notice a big frame drop diffence when playing Starcraft 2? I don't do any photo or movie editing, just browse the web, email and chat, and music and watch movies and occasionally play Starcraft 2.

It would be helpful if someone had frame rates of the i5 vs i7 for starcraft 2.

Thanks,

Just a forewarning: I play Starcraft 2 as well, among some other games, and I wouldn't recommend you purchase the Air based on how well it can game. The screen is simply too small to play Starcraft 2 on without being bothered. Another major thing is the heat from the processor: The Air wasn't designed as a hardcore gaming machine. Starcraft 2 will bring your temperatures up to the mid 90's (mine goes up to 95 celcius and sits between 88 and 95 while gaming on SC2). I recommend you purchase Applecare before your warranty is up if you intend to game all the time on this: you are MUCH more likely to break a laptop like this if you game on it lots (and as long as you're within a warranty, you'll be safe to game).

As far as performance goes, the i5 and i7 will be almost identical in SC2. Get the i5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.