Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViktorR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hey whatsup, i have been playing BF 2142 for quite a while now, but i want to play it in full screen (i have an iMac 21.something inch) with a resolution of 1920x1080. So ive seen couple of websites that explained it, and a thread on this forum:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/353651/

And it says to go to Library>Preferences>Battlefield 2142 Preferences>etc

But my problem is, i dont have that folder, nothing even related to Battlefield 2142 is in Preferences, ive also searched my whole mac for the term 'battlefield' but nothing came rolling out, just the cd and two applications to the game. I have installed the game by simply dragging and dropping it into applications from the CD.

And yes, i have a legit game, no download etc, with codes and all.
Sorry if my english sucks ass, i should be good at it, but you may never know eh? =p

Hope someone can help me.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Hey whatsup, i have been playing BF 2142 for quite a while now, but i want to play it in full screen (i have an iMac 21.something inch) with a resolution of 1920x1080. So ive seen couple of websites that explained it, and a thread on this forum:

But my problem is, i dont have that folder, nothing even related to Battlefield 2142 is in Preferences, ive also searched my whole mac for the term 'battlefield' but nothing came rolling out, just the cd and two applications to the game. I have installed the game by simply dragging and dropping it into applications from the CD.

Sorry if my english sucks ass, i should be good at it, but you may never know eh? =p

you probably looked in the wrong Library folder, as there are 2 main ones, and then 1 additional one for every user of the system.

This should be in your user library, so it will be the Library thats in your user home folder under preferences. BF 2142 is a Cider port, and it creates the plist in preferences when you run the game if it doesn't exist. If you have it on a new install and have never run the game yet, the file won't exist yet... but as long as you have actually launched it at least once, it should be there. the path in that link starts with ~/Library and in Unix OSes ~ means home.

I don't get the fullscreen question though.. .I thought it was always in fullscreen by default.... or you just are looking to max your resolution? 1920x1080 will probably make the frame rate much lower, making the game much harder to play.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga

OH OH OH that's a thread I have bookmarked...

I can tell you it does work. Make sure your looking in
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/Battlefield etc.

Also, do NOT copy and paste, but hand type that code. Copy and paste puts some ascii char that causes it to mess up.
When it crashes, before you try again, make sure you kill the WINE process (look in your activity monitor)

It does natively go full screen, but you can see in that file there's a flag for full screen if you need to change it, also once it's running the resolutions won't be accessible, so your gonna have to hand type it to your max res.

I also seem to remember, doing the following:

Install, run, quit, update, run, quit, update, run, quit. Meaning After the install crank it up and don't update it. Quit the game. Then run it again and update it. Then run the game and don't update it, then quit the game. Then run it again and update it. It was a trick we had to do and got this from the EA Battlefield2142 forums. Once it was updated, then do the hack in the prefs file. then run it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.