PDA

View Full Version : Creating a standard Lion install for multiple computers

porterusaf
Jul 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
Ok so to start I have the liscences worked out and am working across a small network, so those points aside...

I'm trying to create a standard OS X Lion install disc so when a problem arises on a computer and it needs re-installed, I can re-install it with a standard configuration already done (along with a standard set of applications that I standardly use). Bootcamp probably isn't what I'm looking for here.

Any ideas or recommendations? Should I just create an image of the disc than restore that image to the disc each time? I'd like something I can boot into and install easily. Thanks!

~Tex

87am
Jul 29, 2011, 07:05 PM
Might be worth a try, but I don't think it will work because different Macs will use different builds of the OS and different drivers, etc. You can make a time machine backup to restore all your data and settings to all the computers, but you would still need to begin the Lion upgrade manually.

Intell
Jul 29, 2011, 07:08 PM
You could burn the Install_ESD.dmg on to a dvd and use it to install Lion on Macs. But the App Store version will not boot or install on 2011 Mac Mini's or 2011 Macbook Air's. It probably won't install or boot on other upgraded Macs when released.