PDA

View Full Version : Started using Lion, couple questions.

ohla313
Jul 29, 2011, 09:52 PM
Just installed Lion today and it looks SLEEK. I have a few questions in regards to it if anyone can answer them.

1. How do I add back the two finger swipe back and forth to go forward and backwards in finder?? When I do that, it goes to dashboard and the "spaces"

2. When my MBP goes to sleep and I wake it, I am greeted with the login screen. How do I prevent that from happening and just going back to the desktop?

3. Did Hot corners transfer over from Snow Leopard? How can I regain that functionality?

Thanks!

tmagman
Jul 29, 2011, 09:56 PM
Just installed Lion today and it looks SLEEK. I have a few questions in regards to it if anyone can answer them.

1. How do I add back the two finger swipe back and forth to go forward and backwards in finder?? When I do that, it goes to dashboard and the "spaces"

2. When my MBP goes to sleep and I wake it, I am greeted with the login screen. How do I prevent that from happening and just going back to the desktop?

3. Did Hot corners transfer over from Snow Leopard? How can I regain that functionality?

Thanks!

1. Not sure on the first one, wasn't a feature I used

2. In System Preferences under users&groups click on login options (below the white users list and unlock it and then change your automatic login settings in the drop down menu

3. Hot Corners can be found at the bottom left of the Mission Control settings in the System Preferences

Hope that helps!

ohla313
Jul 29, 2011, 10:00 PM
1. Not sure on the first one, wasn't a feature I used

2. In System Preferences under users&groups click on login options (below the white users list and unlock it and then change your automatic login settings in the drop down menu

3. Hot Corners can be found at the bottom left of the Mission Control settings in the System Preferences

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the Hot Corners tip! In regards towards the automatic login, I still want to have to enter a password when I turn on my laptop. The problem is that when my computer has gone to sleep and I want to wake it I have to re-enter my password.

The back and forth swiping action on the Magic Mouse was standard in SL, how to do I regain that functionality?

tmagman
Jul 30, 2011, 01:42 AM
Oh! okay... System Preferences -> Security And Privacy -> Deselect "Require Password [ ] after sleep or screensaver begins.

Sorry, not sure on the mouse, not a MM user, I'm assuming though that it is under the Mouse settings in there, or the trackpad settings with the other gestures perhaps?

me_94501
Jul 30, 2011, 01:59 AM

Lion's "Swipe between pages" gesture seems to work on web pages in Safari (for instance), but it doesn't appear to work in the Finder. Can someone else confirm?

I'd love to see more flexibility in gestures on Lion. I'd like to use the three-finger swipe-up gesture to clear all windows and show the desktop, but I can't do that.

ohla313
Jul 30, 2011, 10:42 AM
Oh! okay... System Preferences -> Security And Privacy -> Deselect "Require Password [ ] after sleep or screensaver begins.

Sorry, not sure on the mouse, not a MM user, I'm assuming though that it is under the Mouse settings in there, or the trackpad settings with the other gestures perhaps?

Thanks that was it!

Lion's "Swipe between pages" gesture seems to work on web pages in Safari (for instance), but it doesn't appear to work in the Finder. Can someone else confirm?

I'd love to see more flexibility in gestures on Lion. I'd like to use the three-finger swipe-up gesture to clear all windows and show the desktop, but I can't do that.

Yes it doesn't work for Finder and that is driving me crazy. Hopefully Apple addresses it or someone has a fix.