PDA

View Full Version : iPad vs Laptop?

karilynn
Jul 30, 2011, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been reading the forums for a long time, but have never actually registered until tonight! :p I am here in hopes of seeking advice for my current conundrum: iPad vs laptop! Seems like a silly question, but I am so torn.

I purchased a MacBook Pro a few days ago and as much as I love it, it's a little too much for what I actually need. I have a 27 inch iMac that I do the majority of my school work on (yes, that makes me a student!) I take classes online, so I never actually take a computer to a class. I was looking for a nice complimentary product for my iMac that would be more casual and not really for school use. Internet surfing, emailing, Facebook, music, instant netflix watching, e-book reading, etc. I actually did a lot of research and was captivated by the MBP, but now that I have one, I find myself longing for an iPad! I'd rather have one or the other.

I could understand keeping the MBP if it were my only computer, but I have my beautiful iMac. Would it be totally absurd to replace a MBP with an iPad? :confused: I would save/get back quite a bit of money as an added bonus. I spent so much on my laptop, I didn't get any goodies or accessories with it. :(

I guess I am just confused and looking for advice from anyone who has maybe made this exact same decision? Please shed some light fellow Apple :apple: lovers!

Also, if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize! :eek:

karilynn
Jul 30, 2011, 04:06 AM
oops. I did post this in the wrong place! sorry everyone... I have no idea how to delete it now. I will repost in the right place :(

Abazigal
Jul 30, 2011, 04:33 AM
Seems like the imac+ipad would complement your needs perfectly, assuming you don't really need it for any serious work.

AppleDApp
Jul 30, 2011, 06:36 AM
return the MBP you don't seem to need it.

Batt
Jul 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
I have essentially the same setup. My MBP makes a great doorstop. You can get along fine with just the iMac and iPad.

Ashwood11
Jul 30, 2011, 09:40 AM
I think the iPad would be perfect for your needs.

TheGenerous
Jul 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
I'll replace the iMac with the iPad. And will get an external monitor for the MB Pro

Macman45
Jul 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
For your needs. My laptop which runs Windows 7 64 bit spends nearly all it's time in it's case. My iPad does everything I need when I'm away from my iMac.

I only keep the laptop for a few clients who can't get their heads around Apple.

Sell the MB and buy a nice 64gb Ipad2, you won't regret it:)