Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mimdo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
After ages of trying to figure it out, I finally managed to jailbreak my iPod touch on 4.3.5... I did this with the sole intention of getting pokemon. Since I jailbroke it, I have managed to install gpsphone. When I tried to install the gba roms however, they would not download. I did this from apt.123locker. O then decided to try using installous to find some. Once it downloaded, everything seemed to go perfectly, but installous isn't showing up on the iPod. Since the jailbreak from 4.3.5, I have lost access to the settings, so I can't even turn off my wifi, or change brightness(I do that a lot)
I eventually got sick of it, so decided to try and just restore the iPod, but iTunes can't even find my iPod to give it the option to restore.
Can anyone help! It seems almost everything possible has gone wrong. Is the a Cydia app that will give me back the settings? And how can I get installous? Or the pokemon roms, the sole reason I jailbroke the thing in the first place. I don't want to have to restore it, but if I have to, how can I do that?
Thanks for reading this far, I really hope someone can help

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately we aren't really supposed to help with installous since it's piracy and downloading paid apps for free is illegal. I suggest paying for your apps.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
As for restoring, plug your iPod Touch into your computer and open iTunes. Make sure your iPod Touch is not turned off. This is because you have a tethered jailbreak..To boot up, you will require a program to boot it up...

donlab

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2004
USA
instructions

1. Add hackulous as a package source in cydia.
2. Search for installous in cydia and install
3. your choice what you do with installous once its installed

Mimdo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
the problem with restoring it, which i believe i will have to do, since i'm not getting much out of the jailbreak anyway, is that iTunes doesn't even register that i have it plugged into the computer. I'm trying a few things now, but i'm not sure anything will work.

Mimdo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Unfortunately we aren't really supposed to help with installous since it's piracy and downloading paid apps for free is illegal. I suggest paying for your apps.

When I first wanted to jailbreak the thing, I didn't even know that you could do that. I was just following instrtuctions from a frriend to get pokemon... the whole stupid reason I got into this mess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.