PDA

View Full Version : Mail, OS X and some problems...

reven186
Jul 30, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hey!
I Have an iMac, with Lion.
With the time, there were more and more problems, I know that one of you will help me :)

Mail
-I'm using Gmail.
-I have uncheck the :Show in iMAP, like you told someone, but still I can't delete the [Gmail] folder, and it's empty!!! soloutions?
-When I am sending pictures as attachments, i want them to be normal, just the that can be opened, not "pasted" pictures (because that is not easy to open in separate window, with people that have other mail software/using online mail/PCs), so that's 2.
-Question- What do you think is the mail that works great with OS X (Yahoo!,Gmail...)
-There are more that I can't remember...

-Why since i've upgrade to lion, I can't open chess?

Thanks!!!

Amberfool
Jul 30, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hey!
I Have an iMac, with Lion.
With the time, there were more and more problems, I know that one of you will help me :)

Mail
-I'm using Gmail.
-I have uncheck the :Show in iMAP, like you told someone, but still I can't delete the [Gmail] folder, and it's empty!!! soloutions?
-When I am sending pictures as attachments, i want them to be normal, just the that can be opened, not "pasted" pictures (because that is not easy to open in separate window, with people that have other mail software/using online mail/PCs), so that's 2.
-Question- What do you think is the mail that works great with OS X (Yahoo!,Gmail...)
-There are more that I can't remember...

-Why since i've upgrade to lion, I can't open chess?

Thanks!!!
The show in IMAP is a gmail setting. Try going in to Mail preferences: Accounts: Advanced, and in the IMAP Path Prefix put [Gmail]. To my knowledge that's what I did to get rid of that. ;)

And while pictures show up as if they are pasted in Mac Mail, they show up like regular attachments on the other end for Windows people, I believe.

reven186
Jul 30, 2011, 11:22 AM
iMAP is fixed..
about the photos, i checked, and that looks different....
still need help with chess, but i don't need to change a mail server, because it's ok now..

and, why when i delete something, it duplicates the trash to on my mac & gmail? help...

thanks!!

Amberfool
Jul 30, 2011, 11:42 AM
I have no idea about chess, I would just report the bug to Apple, as I can open it fine.

Can you explain more about the duplicating messages? What exactly is going on?

paulsalter
Jul 30, 2011, 11:45 AM
and, why when i delete something, it duplicates the trash to on my mac & gmail? help...

thanks!!

try this, click on gmail trash folder, go to mailbox at the top, down to use this mailbox for, and select trash

then if the on my mac one still remains just delete it

gentlefury
Jul 30, 2011, 11:48 AM
Gmail iMap has been dropping out a LOT lately, its not Lion....my iPhone, iPad, and Mac Mail all say incorrect password at the same time.....almost every other day. It's getting REALLY annoying! I'm tempted to start forwarding my gmail to my MobileMe account and just stop checking Gmail all together since it seems to majorly suck lately!

reven186
Jul 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
but it doesn't, shows me the "trash" option, all of the options are grey..

solution: mail-prefences-accounts-mailbox behaviors-uncheck the first one in "trash"

paulsalter
Jul 30, 2011, 11:54 AM
but it doesn't, shows me the "trash" option, all of the options are grey..

try the other way, select the on my mac trash and do the same

reven186
Jul 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
still doesn't let me...

anyone have solutions for chess and photos?