Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Figured this was reason enough for a bump; someone HAS to use this besides me. And it's a US-122L if I were to be exact.

Anyway, I can confirm that it does in fact work in the latest version of Logic Express. The firmware still claims to not detect it, but as long as you still have the 2.0 driver it's good to go.

rx7dude

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Toronto
I have the 122L and have issues with it since "upgrading" to Lion.
Itunes works
GB Output: OK. Input: nada
Imovie Output: Nope

It's weird. I can hear audio in a video clip using QT. In Imovie I hear audio if I drag my mouse over the clip but if I play it back there's nothing,

I gave up and went back to my Guitarport.

It was fine with 10.6.8.
I'm using a Mac Pro

Last edited:

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
In another discussion Tascam responded to a customer with this:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately that unit has been discontinued for a few years now and we are no longer developing drivers for it but you can boot Mac OSX Lion in 32 bit mode which should make the US-122 work on the system as long as you have the latest drovers installed. To boot the Mac in 32 bit mode hold down the 3 and the 2 buttons while starting up.

Thank you for your interest in Teac/Tascam products. If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 323-727-7617 or e-mail us at Custser@teac.com

Which along with the last driver being loaded in 2010 I'm going to say if you do get it working good luck. I suppose the 32 bit mode might get the driver to respond - but I don't think I would trust it. Time to move on IMO.

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In another discussion Tascam responded to a customer with this:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately that unit has been discontinued for a few years now and we are no longer developing drivers for it but you can boot Mac OSX Lion in 32 bit mode which should make the US-122 work on the system as long as you have the latest drovers installed. To boot the Mac in 32 bit mode hold down the 3 and the 2 buttons while starting up.

Thank you for your interest in Teac/Tascam products. If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 323-727-7617 or e-mail us at Custser@teac.com

Which along with the last driver being loaded in 2010 I'm going to say if you do get it working good luck. I suppose the 32 bit mode might get the driver to respond - but I don't think I would trust it. Time to move on IMO.

For the record that is referring to the US-122 which is an older model than the 122-L. In any case, this is the company line that I received a few days ago after I had figured it out on my own:

I recently did some tests with that unit on Mac OSX Lion and it seems to work properly. Uninstall any drivers you have installed and install the 2.00 driver. Make sure the latest firmware version is installed, which is version 1.12.

You can download the latest drivers/firmware for that product at: http://tascam.com/product/us-122l/downloads/

Granted, I've only tried to use it in Logic Express and no other program, but I can definitely tell you that I can record with my condenser mics,and hear playback through my monitor headphones, which is all I needed it for anyway since my keyboard is USB.

benevolenthymn

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 2.29.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 2.29.50 AM.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 157
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.