PDA

View Full Version : Lion update from Apple?

bobnlyne
Jul 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
This forum seems to concentrate almost exclusively on justifiable complaints about Lion.

Anyone care to guess how long these problems are going to trouble us until "service pack 1" is released?

IzzyJG99
Jul 30, 2011, 01:35 PM
Well. Lion has been out a week and a half now. I would hope or maybe assume that Apple will put out an update for 10.7.1 soon. They're already beta testing 10.7.2 with developers. So 10.7.1 is "out there." I think Apple is maybe combing through the complaints and bugs from the initial release last week and tweaking .7.1 before heading forward with it.

My guess is within the next 10 days.

Mrguidogenio
Jul 30, 2011, 01:43 PM
Service Pack? This is not Windows man!

DandsM
Jul 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
I am afraid they are focusing 99% of their time in iCloud and not in Lion bugs. :(:(

iHateMacs
Jul 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
I am afraid they are focusing 99% of their time in iCloud and not in Lion bugs. :(:(

Thank you Mr Jobs for that insight.

MisterDisney
Jul 30, 2011, 02:07 PM
Within the next 2-3 weeks, I would think is most likely. They'll want to get it in before everything they're planning to implement in the fall.

mysterytramp
Jul 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
This forum seems to concentrate almost exclusively on justifiable complaints about Lion.

Anyone care to guess how long these problems are going to trouble us until "service pack 1" is released?

GIYF:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/23/os-x-lion-10-7-2-around-the-corner/

mt

basher
Jul 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
GIYF:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/23/os-x-lion-10-7-2-around-the-corner/

mt

That doesn't add anything to this thread. For you, GIYE.

Nuckinfuts
Jul 30, 2011, 03:46 PM

search

Jagardn
Jul 30, 2011, 04:21 PM

Completely different departments...Apple does Have more than one programmer.

DandsM
Jul 30, 2011, 04:28 PM
Completely different departments...Apple does Have more than one programmer.

Yes, of course they have. I said that based on the last news about 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 which are allegedly focused in iCloud more than anything else. ;)

bobnlyne
Jul 30, 2011, 04:54 PM
Service Pack? This is not Windows man!

C'mon, didn't you see the quotation marks? It was meant as an offhanded jab. :rolleyes:

It just feels like Lion is a bit too much like every new release of Windows. It is hard to believe that they missed all these bugs. Or maybe they just decided to get it out there with the new hardware, and let us find the things that need fixing the worst.

Yeah, I guess that does sound a little like Microsoft.

ghall
Jul 30, 2011, 04:56 PM
Yes, of course they have. I said that based on the last news about 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 which are allegedly focused in iCloud more than anything else. ;)

But that doesn't necessarily mean that these updates will contain no bug fixes. Most of Apple's x.0 releases tend to be very buggy unfortunately.

asukulu
Jul 30, 2011, 07:37 PM
apple suck, yes I use their products but I still think they suck :D

KingCrimson
Jul 30, 2011, 07:41 PM
C'mon, didn't you see the quotation marks? It was meant as an offhanded jab. :rolleyes:

It just feels like Lion is a bit too much like every new release of Windows. It is hard to believe that they missed all these bugs. Or maybe they just decided to get it out there with the new hardware, and let us find the things that need fixing the worst.

Yeah, I guess that does sound a little like Microsoft.

Windows is always going to be worse because it has to somehow work with infinite combinations of hardware.