PDA

View Full Version : Does your 'New Mail' window look like this too ?

Menopause
Jul 30, 2011, 04:58 PM
Something's been bugging me since the very first time I right clicked on the Mail dock icon and selected New Mail: the window is never centered on the desktop. Is it just me ? It's too much towards the right and I can't think of a reason why.

http://cl.ly/8uSt/Screen_Shot_2011-07-30_at_11.47.35_PM.png

Amberfool
Jul 30, 2011, 05:49 PM
Yes that's the default place for it to appear. Unless I'm forgetting, it has never been centered. And more importantly, why exactly does it matter?

Variant
Jul 30, 2011, 05:53 PM
90% of people compose a message with the inbox open in the back ground. The 'new mail' window is centred over the preview section of the main mail window.

QuarterSwede
Jul 30, 2011, 05:54 PM
It wasn't centered for me (unless in fullscreen) until I moved it off center, closed the window and opened a new message.

Menopause
Jul 30, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks. It's not aesthetically pleasing in my opinion... all other app windows are centered when you open them or move them around in Spaces. The new mail window that slides up in Mail app itself is perfectly centered. Not sure why it doesn't do that on the desktop.

Am asking around to make sure it's not just on my machine. Lion is crawling with colorful bugs; wanted to make sure this isn't one more.

Menopause
Jul 30, 2011, 06:01 PM
It wasn't centered for me (unless in fullscreen) until I moved it off center, closed the window and opened a new message.

That was helpful ! I wonder how long Mail will remember its position. Thanks.