PDA

View Full Version : Safari Google Bar search suggestions not appearing..

The Bronx Bull
Jul 30, 2011, 10:38 PM
Running Lion and the latest version of Safari; in the browser, when you start typing in the Google search bar, the suggested searches don't pop up.

Anybody else experiencing this?

baryon
Jul 31, 2011, 02:47 AM
Yes, but only in Full Screen mode. Stop using full screen mode, it sucks anyway for many reasons.

hollerz
Jul 31, 2011, 08:22 AM
Yes, but only in Full Screen mode. Stop using full screen mode, it sucks anyway for many reasons.

Yeah, baryon thinks it sucks, so you should stop using it! :rolleyes:

The Bronx Bull
Jul 31, 2011, 09:12 AM
Full screen mode is awesome.:D

So it's just a bug? If so, I can wait for a fix. I was going to convert to Chrome or Firefox in the interim!

rangen
Jul 31, 2011, 09:34 AM
Full screen mode is awesome.:D

So it's just a bug? If so, I can wait for a fix. I was going to convert to Chrome or Firefox in the interim!

I had this problem. Clean install of 10.7 fixed it.

robgendreau
Jul 31, 2011, 12:48 PM
The suggestions are there for me in full screen, and I did NOT do a clean install.

Try resetting Safari.

Rob

Amberfool
Jul 31, 2011, 12:50 PM
I don't have this problem, but a similar one where the arrow beside the magnifying glass icon which normally shows past searches doesn't work in full screen, unless you exit it, and then enter it again, and that only sticks for a while.

silby101
Aug 4, 2011, 08:29 PM
I have the same problem on my MBA which came pre-installed with Lion using full screen mode. All I had to do to fix it is exit full screen, test the suggestion in the search bar, then go back into full screen mode. Works now!