PDA

View Full Version : Panther 10.3.9 to Leopard 10.5.1

JoniLW
Jul 30, 2011, 11:42 PM
Is it possible to just right from 10.3.9 to Leopard 10.5.1, using an upgrade?

Which is better for me, full install cd's or upgrade? Being strapped for money, I'd need to go with whatever would be sufficient and cheaper.

And where the heck can I buy Leopard 10.5.1?? I saw a few on eBay but I have a hard time trusting software... been through that and was ripped off.

Any help... best suggestions... etc. :(

tom vilsack
Jul 31, 2011, 12:41 AM
what ppc do you have...the stats.

chrismacguy
Jul 31, 2011, 04:03 AM
Is it possible to just right from 10.3.9 to Leopard 10.5.1, using an upgrade?

Which is better for me, full install cd's or upgrade? Being strapped for money, I'd need to go with whatever would be sufficient and cheaper.

And where the heck can I buy Leopard 10.5.1?? I saw a few on eBay but I have a hard time trusting software... been through that and was ripped off.

Any help... best suggestions... etc. :(

There are no upgrade CDs for Mac OS X Leopard, they are all Full Install Discs. (Technically there has been 1 upgrade disc in OS Xs history and that was the OS 10.1 upgrade from 10.0). You just need to check your system meets the minimum requirements, and then buy the black disc with the holographic X on it.

(eBay is probably your only hope now, as with 10.7 I doubt Apple Telesales will still sell it, but you can always try giving them a ring - I know they sold me Tiger when Leopard was out, so they might *just* be able to provide you with Leopard - although the disc you'll get will be a later run (Like my 10.5.6 disc, which was the last update-integrated disc release), but that shouldn't matter - if they can't hope then Id use eBay and just be careful (I got most of my earlier OS X releases off eBay, and I got all of those all right).

Chundles
Jul 31, 2011, 04:06 AM
Buy 10.5.8 discs. Apple still sell them I think.