PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Controller Compatibility

Ryan Stewart
Jul 31, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hello!
Basically i'm needing to know how to connect my PS3 controller to my new Mac mini running Lion. I have seen countless tutorials for Snow Leopard that tell you to plug it in via USB, press the PS button, unplug it then press it again and it pairs. When I do this on Lion however I get a popup asking for a passcode to continue. I have tried 0000 and countless others but to no avail. I have also tried pairing it back with my PS3, then back with the Mac but get the same issue.

Has anyone got this working, and can you tell me how?

aziatiklover
Jul 31, 2011, 06:24 AM
Have u tried this?
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Ps3Controller

Ryan Stewart
Jul 31, 2011, 06:27 AM
I have this install dyes, although I think it's only if you use it while plugged into USB. The controller works fine with USB and Gamepad Companion, but I would really like the Bluetooth to work instead. The plan is to copy my Team Fortress 2 PS3 config onto my Mac copy for it to work.

It's just this passcode thing that is stopping me from doing that...

drxcm
Aug 13, 2011, 11:19 PM
I have this install dyes, although I think it's only if you use it while plugged into USB. The controller works fine with USB and Gamepad Companion, but I would really like the Bluetooth to work instead. The plan is to copy my Team Fortress 2 PS3 config onto my Mac copy for it to work.

It's just this passcode thing that is stopping me from doing that...

This is really bugging me.

It pairs with my MBP 17" running Lion, no passkey required.
But with my MBA, it is asking for a passkey constantly. Can't pair it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried deleting my bluetooth prefs, resetting the controller etc.

Pandakopanda
Aug 14, 2011, 05:10 AM
Same problem here.

I had a Mac mini 2010 with SL and the PS3 controller worked. I upgraded the Mac mini 2010 to Lion and the PS3 controller still worked. But now I have a new Mac mini 2011 and I get the passcode dialog when pairing.

Since it worked in Lion on an older Mac mini, I guess it's a hardware/driver issue. Really annoying since I have to find another solution to connect a gamepad. I know some wired USB gamepads work but I rather have a wireless solution.

Maybe it worked on the Mac mini 2010 because it was a Lion upgrade and not a clean install. But then people who did do a clean install should have the same issue.

rugonnagraduate
Nov 13, 2011, 07:45 PM
I just wanted to bring this back up and see if anyone has found a fix? I am also wanting the ps3 controller to work via Blu tooth. THnx

ZZ Bottom
Nov 22, 2011, 07:17 PM
I know its been a while since you last posted, but I think I might have a clue.

All the systems you mentioned that aren't working contain the newer bluetooth chip that is compatible with bluetooth 4.0. Obviously there is something different with this chip that is causing the problem. Perhaps asking the right people based on that theory might help you find a solution.

northy124
Nov 25, 2011, 02:13 PM
Has anyone got a PS3 controller to work with the 2011 MBP (I bought mine in August, not sure of model)? just want to know before I buy a new PS3 controller to use with the MBP (other one is a Six axis and crap).

Queen6
Nov 27, 2011, 08:32 AM
Has anyone got a PS3 controller to work with the 2011 MBP (I bought mine in August, not sure of model)? just want to know before I buy a new PS3 controller to use with the MBP (other one is a Six axis and crap).

Yes mine works over Bluetooth, just tried Batman Arkham Asylum perfect, Late 2011 MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 Core i7 & Sony DualShock3 Six Axis.

Heres the "kicker" 3 controllers (other 2 are from the original PS3) will work, however the controllers will not pair, yet they work; Batman Arkham Asylum 100% NOVA 2, only within the game, no menu control etc, COD4 Modern Warfare seems to ignore the PS3 controller with or without USB

jonahjones26
Dec 5, 2011, 09:51 AM
just joined the forum to find this answer as its bugging me now, i am always asked for a code when pairing the controller..........also i cannot get it to work connected to usb either. This maybe becasue i have an old macbook 2008 on lion so the bluetooth device may differ?

can anyone reccommend a good alternative controller if this will not work?

souloxide
Dec 8, 2011, 02:39 PM
this is driving me nuts! I too am getting that pairing code request!! no luck with USB either.. please help!! :(

strangely enough, with the USB connected, deathspank was able to identify the controller connected but I couldn't configure/assign the keys correctly..

I have mid-2011 iMac i7 originally with SL and then I upgraded to Lion.. I had a wireless xbox 360 controller that stopped working in Lion so I traded it with the dualshock PS3 controller at gamestop.. unfortunately, I'm now facing the same problem as you guys.. bummer!

hob
Dec 8, 2011, 04:23 PM
Have you tried Passcode: 0000 ?

souloxide
Dec 8, 2011, 11:00 PM
tried the 0000 passcode.. it connects for a while and then disconnects itself bringing back the pairing request code window..

was able to make it work via USB though.. I would've loved to use the controller wirelessly but i guess this will do for now..

S3R6i0
Dec 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
Don't worry about bluetooth. Lion has wired native support. Plug in your PS3 controller and leave it plugged in. I'm playing GTA III from the App Store right now.

dkirky
Dec 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
Has anyone gotten a PS3 controller to work with LEGO Star Wars3 in Lion?
I keep getting asked for pairing code. Have emailed Feral and they keep referring me to the SnowLeopard fix. Doesn't work with Lion.

Smileyboy
Jan 24, 2012, 03:49 PM
Don't worry about bluetooth. Lion has wired native support. Plug in your PS3 controller and leave it plugged in. I'm playing GTA III from the App Store right now.

So all indeed to do is just plug it in? I'm trying Jedi knights 2 on my MBA 2011 and it's not working.

NewMacUser2012
Feb 4, 2012, 09:14 PM
just bought a ps3 controller so i could wirelessly play some platformers like LIMBO on my late 2011 27" iMac and i'm having the same problem. I do what everyone says should work: plug the controller in via USB, press the playstation center button, unplug, press the button again... and i'm prompted for a passcode. I try 0000 and it connects briefly but DOES NOT PAIR! after a few seconds it drops the connection.

wtf! nothing on this POS mac works like it's supposed to. if i still had the box i'd return it.

labrille12
Feb 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
just bought a ps3 controller so i could wirelessly play some platformers like LIMBO on my late 2011 27" iMac and i'm having the same problem. I do what everyone says should work: plug the controller in via USB, press the playstation center button, unplug, press the button again... and i'm prompted for a passcode. I try 0000 and it connects briefly but DOES NOT PAIR! after a few seconds it drops the connection.

wtf! nothing on this POS mac works like it's supposed to. if i still had the box i'd return it.

Hello, i am French. Sorry for my english.
I have find ! Their is no passcode. If you have apairing code, that's you have do a mistake in your way of connect ps3 controller.
To pair PS3 controller (on Lion) :
- enable Blutooth
- Plug controller in via USB
- Press PS button 3 times (quickly - find the good speed - This is the key of the problem) (and not 2 seconds 3 times than i have see in lots of forum)
- unplug USB on mac and on the controller
Now their is no passcode, and your ps3 controller is pairing in bluetooth
ENJOY :)

NewMacUser2012
Feb 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
To pair PS3 controller (on Lion) :
- enable Blutooth
- Plug controller in via USB
- Press PS button 3 times (quickly - find the good speed - This is the key of the problem) (and not 2 seconds 3 times than i have see in lots of forum)
- unplug USB on mac and on the controller
Now their is no passcode, and your ps3 controller is pairing in bluetooth
ENJOY :)

That did not work either.

aruseman
Feb 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I just figured out how to use the PS3 controller in Lion, via bluetooth, no need for any drivers.

It has not to be paired, just *configured* and *added to favorites* devices under bluetooth pref pane.

In order to do that,

1) plug the pad using the usb cable, unplug it.
2) don't care about the pairing request
3)Open Bluetooth Preferences (you have ~15 sec)
4)select the ("connected" and "configured" but not "paired") "Playstation3 controller"
5)add it to favorites

6) disconnect the controller from Bluetooth menu bar

7) push the PSX button on the controller, it will connect and you are ready to play.

Tested on 10.7.2 1nd 10.7.3 on MacBookAir 2011 and MacMini Server 2011

NewMacUser2012
Feb 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi,

I just figured out how to use the PS3 controller in Lion, via bluetooth, no need for any drivers.

It has not to be paired, just *configured* and *added to favorites* devices under bluetooth pref pane.

In order to do that,

4)select the ("connected" and "configured" but not "paired") "Playstation3 controller"
5)add it to favorites

7) push the PSX button on the controller, it will connect and you are ready to play.

That didn't work either. Just like before, it drops the connection after 10-20 seconds. regardless of my process, the controller will not pair and it will not work.

takhrai
Feb 12, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hi,

In order to do that,

5)add it to favorites

Can you please take some screenshots? I can't find "Select the connected and configured but not paired" and "add it to favorites"

PirateMonkey
Feb 13, 2012, 04:59 AM
Hello!
Basically i'm needing to know how to connect my PS3 controller to my new Mac mini running Lion. I have seen countless tutorials for Snow Leopard that tell you to plug it in via USB, press the PS button, unplug it then press it again and it pairs. When I do this on Lion however I get a popup asking for a passcode to continue. I have tried 0000 and countless others but to no avail. I have also tried pairing it back with my PS3, then back with the Mac but get the same issue.

Has anyone got this working, and can you tell me how?

Hi there I had the same problem as you until just now I hopefully have figured it out, like said before add to your favourites but once you have done that in the same drop down box click update services, after I done this (touch wood) it's not asked me for any password and has kept the settings.

mark427
Feb 14, 2012, 07:36 PM
I had same problem on MBP 2011 in Lion where it pairs, then drops connections shortly after, but got it to work finally heres what I did:

1. Open bluetooth from system preferences.
2. Get your PS3 controller to ask for pairing passcode (pressing PSX button). 3. Then enter new passcode (I used letters only "xxxx" don't know if it matters)
4. Now you should see PS3 Controller "Connected" in that list of Bluetooth devices. Select it and click the little gear in the bottom left corner and select add to favorites and then update services.
5. THIS IS THE STEP THAT FINALLY MADE IT REMEMBER. Turn off Bluetooth right away before it asks to pair all over again. The lights on the controller should stop flashing. Turn Bluetooth back on.
6. Press PSX button once and should pair in bluetooth right away. The lights will start flashing again and stay flashing all the time. They turn off when you disconnect it from bluetooth or turn bluetooth off.

Post if this works or not. MPB Early 2011 with OS Lion 10.7.3

Edit: I got the controller to be connected and lights off. After step 5, plug controller in USB, the lights should be flashing (slower though). Press the PSX button once, unplug USB, controller will pair in few seconds and lights will turn off.

nickfer3
Feb 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
I followed all your steps and it FINALLY worked for me too!! Mine is a MacBook Pro Late 2011 with OS Lion 10.7.3 . I possibly have bluetooth 4.0 also, since none of the other methods I tried worked...

For all you guys who couldn't get it to work, and already tried installing 3rd party software (like iPS3), drivers, and none of them worked... THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!! :D

Thanks mark427 !!!

Dmitry070
Feb 18, 2012, 04:31 PM
This worked for me too! (Just make sure to follow each step in #24)
Thanks mark427!

neojogo
Feb 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
Thank you mark427

lordjonny
Feb 22, 2012, 05:10 AM
Yep mark427 is smack on perfect. Got a kernal panic trying to make this work on my 2.4 core2duo iMac in the process.

Minus720
Feb 26, 2012, 04:06 PM
I have a bluetooth keyboard and mousepad, so I cant turn off my bluetooth. Is there a work around for this because I'm in an endless loop of pairing and it is driving me crazy!

Sylon
Feb 26, 2012, 06:15 PM
I had same problem on MBP 2011 in Lion where it pairs, then drops connections shortly after, but got it to work finally heres what I did:

2. Get your PS3 controller to ask for pairing passcode (pressing PSX button). 3. Then enter new passcode (I used letters only "xxxx" don't know if it matters)
4. Now you should see PS3 Controller "Connected" in that list of Bluetooth devices. Select it and click the little gear in the bottom left corner and select add to favorites and then update services.
5. THIS IS THE STEP THAT FINALLY MADE IT REMEMBER. Turn off Bluetooth right away before it asks to pair all over again. The lights on the controller should stop flashing. Turn Bluetooth back on.
6. Press PSX button once and should pair in bluetooth right away. The lights will start flashing again and stay flashing all the time. They turn off when you disconnect it from bluetooth or turn bluetooth off.

Edit: I got the controller to be connected and lights off. After step 5, plug controller in USB, the lights should be flashing (slower though). Press the PSX button once, unplug USB, controller will pair in few seconds and lights will turn off.

This procedure didn't work for me (2011 MBP, Lion 10.7.3), however I was able to get my controller to work via USB. Thats fine for me.

Its odd, because I could get 1 controller to work via USB but not the other. I wonder if it had anything to do with it never being linked to a PS3 yet (brand new controller).

ChengaizAK
Feb 27, 2012, 05:21 PM

Cannot get this to work for some reason, at step 6 it asks for the pairing code again. After a few times of repeating this I decided to stop since I was going in circles.

Any advice? I can't get it to work via USB either, and I have the driver installed.

levifig
Mar 1, 2012, 02:49 AM

I can't, for the life of me, get the "Add to favorites" option… :S

loadedsith
Mar 5, 2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks Mark.

Here's where "add to favorites" is, i wouldn't call it a button, rather a list view selection... Ha!

http://projects.bygph.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/bluetoothAddToFavorites.png

Effects!

RocketRed
Mar 5, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thank you Mark! It worked!!

levifig
Mar 6, 2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks Mark.

Here's where "add to favorites" is, i wouldn't call it a button, rather a list view selection... Ha!

Image (http://projects.bygph.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/bluetoothAddToFavorites.png)

Effects!

Ya, I know where it should be… It simply doesn't show up for the controller on mine… :(

S3R6i0
Mar 6, 2012, 03:22 AM
So all indeed to do is just plug it in? I'm trying Jedi knights 2 on my MBA 2011 and it's not working.

No. I was wrong! My apologies. But, Mark427 might have your answer at the bottom of this page and it worked for me.

aristokrat
Mar 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
Well it looks like I just got this to work attempting to follow Mark's instructions. Having a 2011 Mini with only bluetooth input devices, I had to dig up a wired mouse in order to maintain control of the computer. Plugging in the wired mouse apparently fixed the issue, because I went through the "add to favorites" and "update services" step (with the mouse plugged in from the beginning), and immediately upon clicking update service the PS3 controller turned off, but did stay in my list of bluetooth devices, listed as not connected. Turned it back on and everything's working. Very weird, but maybe this will help someone else...

calvincho
Mar 10, 2012, 05:42 PM

Thank you for your solution. This really brings me a hope!:p
However, I don't know what to do in the STEP 3. How to enter the Passcode?
I received a window like this.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=328814&stc=1&d=1331422758

p.s. I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" Late 2008 running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

east85
Mar 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but the device is favorited it just doesn't seem to connect... I actually never got a prompt for any pairing code.

http://i.imgur.com/Rjp24.png

I keep pressing the button but no pairing code prompt shows up.

Awwwrigh
Mar 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hey guys i was having the problem of not having it my PS3 controller pair. I followed Marks way of setting it up via blue tooth and still nothing. However the problem with asking for the password in order to pair was fixed. It no longer wanted me to add a password. My game still was not working with the PS3 Controller. I got it to work though! All I did was restart my emulator and it worked via bluetooth! I have a 2011 MacBook Pro Lion OSX. Hope this helped Enjoy wireless gaming :)

NMF
Apr 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hey all... I'm not getting anything on my Mac when I press the PS button on my controller. Either by itself or with the cable plugged in. Am I doing something wrong?

dariogaitan
Apr 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
I tried marks solution but my problem is that my ps3 controller is being detected as a keyboard and the way to pair it is to type some numbers (which obviously I cant do it with the controller) please if you know anything about this new problem let me know, I would apreciate it :)

----------

my problem is that my ps3 controller is being detected as a keyboard and the way to pair it is to type some numbers (which obviously I cant do it with the controller) please if you know anything about this new problem let me know, I would apreciate it

anonnymouz
Apr 20, 2012, 11:03 PM
Same here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=336672&stc=1&d=1334980969

Please, someone help!!!

anonnymouz
Apr 21, 2012, 02:14 PM
What is it guys, no one has the answer?

I've just made a Lion clean install. None of updates yet.

It still recognizes the PS3 controller as a keyboard, but why???

How could I type the passcode on the controller??? :confused:

If someone knows how to solve this, please, let us know.

letsgocaps
Apr 24, 2012, 11:35 AM
This worked perfectly for my mid 2011 MacBook Air! However support and mapping is not available through the Lion OS so i had to download GamePad Companion from the App Store($7.99) to help map buttons for the Steam version for Portal 2. NOT PERFECT but it works, sorta... Still having problems mapping the left joystick properly. Please let me know if anyone has successfully gotten the mapping correct for Portal 2 via the Steam Client.

:D[ MacBook Air 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b) with 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3] :D

JxxL
Apr 24, 2012, 02:20 PM

Followed your instructions and working great with GamePad Companion! Late 2011 MBP, Lion 10.7.3

nikroz
Apr 26, 2012, 05:46 AM
Yes, I too can confirm that this is the way to go. Works perfectly!

Good Job!

dwells90
Apr 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone I am using mac osx 10.7.3 I tried connecting my ps3 controller and me macbook recognises the device but when it pops up with the pairing device window I cant enter the passcode, none of my keys do anything. I'm really confused as no one else seems to have this problem, am I just being an idiot???

Screenshot of what is popping up for me:

http://i49.tinypic.com/wtt12.png

Thanks!:confused:

gazzared
Apr 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
Working here too. Mac Pro (2008) with OSX Lion 10.7.3 Tried it in Darkness II, and works perfectly, except I realise that FPS games are better with a keyboard and a mouse. :rolleyes: :D

Well done to Mark427

clockworks
Apr 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as some of the others. Lion is recognizing the controller as a keyboard and asking me type some stuff in. See screenshot:

https://img.skitch.com/20120429-rb1fd7iq5a6pth7dbbn31iarc3.jpg

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

itsshekhar
May 1, 2012, 03:44 AM
Hi,

Unable to Pair Dreamgear DGPS3-3854 with Mac 10.7.3 - 2.66 GHZ Intel Core 5 Processor.

It came up to a point it detected the device as Wireless and it also automatically is added into favorite list but it doesn't stay connected. Is there any way that this can be connected wireless or at least via USB cable to make it work with the Mac.

Also this Gamepad is provided with a Bluetooth dongle which has a connect button. I tried even that and it was of no help. Also there is a reset button at the back of this game pad which i did try resetting and still no joy.
Please help..

JDorrian
May 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
Lol if someone made a service that did this for 20$ no BS they would be rich!!!!

vanilla1608
May 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi new to this so bare with me.

Ive managed to connect my ps3 controller to my macbook pro. It works in the sense i can move round game menus and move my character round in the game swell but when using the square x or other buttons nothing happens!

My question is would gamepad companion solve this problem and if it doesn't what would??

Crazy Badger
Jun 26, 2012, 11:48 AM
I've just had several attempts at this, including one where I decided to switch off bluetooth not thinking that it would kill my keyboard/mouse/trackpad :D
A few moments of panic wondering whether it would restart with bluetooth back on so I could actually login!

Follow this video and you'll be fine > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEiiveuhRA&feature=related

Nothing to do with me, so sorry about the music ;)

Sull
Jul 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
Still trying to follow Mark427's instructions. My pairing drops out, but probably because I am still being asked for the pairing passcode and as some people have noted in the thread they cannot enter a passcode because their keyboard will not allow entry. When you try and enter a passcode with the keyboard it just beeps and ignores the entry attempts. Cannot enter via the PS3 controller either. Some have said they entered 0000 or xxxx. How did you do this? Did your keyboard work?

actripxl
Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 AM
Just paired my PS3 controller using the old way, connecting with cable, press ps, disconnect, press ps. I do have mountain lion installed.

Macaderp
Aug 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
At this point I've got my PS3 controller Connected and configured. It's been set as a favorite and the services have been updated. (not that it showed any changes) Also I'm not being prompted anymore for a pairing password. I've achieved this state a couple of time's through the multiple steps described on this forum, and sometimes right on the bat, without following any steps. (I call these the lucky attempts)

Allthough they're not that lucky, as every time I've tried and gotten to this state of connection my mac simply does not respond to the controller.
Which means Gamepad companion gives me "no gamepads found" and bombsquad (a PS3 controller enabled game) doesn't at all respond to it.
I've heard that getting paired shouldnt be worried about.. starting to doubt that statement now.

At this point I've ran out of things to try. Does anyone have any advise that might help me out?

Ty.

(I'm running the newest OS software.)

Allan Keith
Sep 3, 2012, 01:18 PM
I just bought a Mac Book Pro. I can't get the PS3 conttroller to be recognized by Bluetooth in the drop down menu. I have followed your directions and also multiple videos on YouTube and vendor websites. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help. Allan

----------

Just paired my PS3 controller using the old way, connecting with cable, press ps, disconnect, press ps. I do have mountain lion installed.

Yes, I am jealous (and frustrated). :confused:

bobright
Dec 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
I just bought a Mac Book Pro. I can't get the PS3 conttroller to be recognized by Bluetooth in the drop down menu. I have followed your directions and also multiple videos on YouTube and vendor websites. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help. Allan

----------

Yes, I am jealous (and frustrated). :confused:

Any ideas, you get it working?

It is seriously pissing me off. On windows to get the PS3 controller working its so easy. I've tried numerous guides/YouTube walk troughs and nothing.

Allan Keith
Dec 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
The problem was the USB cable. I bought a low cost generic cable that split to support 2 controllers and the Mac never recognized it as being connected. I bought a standard PS3 USB cable and it recognized the controller immediately and works great!

anotherjoey
Jan 12, 2013, 04:19 AM
Does anyone have a wireless mouse AND the PS3 controller connected at the same time? It seems that the Ps3 controller works on my Mac Mini when there's no mouse connected. Can they be on the same bluetooth channel possibly? Since i don't want a corded mouse, I really hope there's a way to solve this!

jeeyung76
Feb 3, 2013, 04:45 PM
I have tried all of the posts and videos I could find for getting the dualshock sixaxis ps3 controller to work with pcsx. Unfortunately, the imac will not let me turn off bluetooth after the "Update Services" step on an imac since all the devices (keyboard and mouse) that control the computer are bluetooth. Any workaround? PLEASE AND THANKS!

learningmore
May 7, 2013, 08:51 PM
I think those who cannot pair have a GENERIC PS3 controller. The back of my controller says:
Model: CECHZC2U
WIRELESS CONTROLLER
BLUETOOTH DUAL SHOCH III

I've successfully paired with real PS3 Controllers from Sony on my MacBook Pro 2011, running Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

I never receive an option to choose what the bluetooth pairing code should be.

I think my computer is recognizing it as a keyboard, and thus I am getting this screen below. Obviously, the controller cannot type the code and it never pairs.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2zswwmx.jpg

Here is proof the company is using a bluetooth keyboard chipset:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2utp7hc.png

Mavloniy
Aug 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hi there,
I have bought a brand new ps3 controller (CECHZC2E) and wanted to connect it to my MacbookPro 15" 10.7.5. I have done research before connecting my ps3 controller to mac. I have done almost everything but it does not help.
1. I have go through youtube tutorials but it is still not working ( i am able to connect it via bluetooth (it did not ask me code) but after 30 sec my ps3 controller shut downs, no red lights and bluetooth prefers says it is disconnected.
2. i have downloaded driver for ps3 but it does not solve the problem
3. I have reset ps3 controller with paperclip ( under/near L2 button) still the same issue
4. I have tried gamepad controller but are not able to connect with it as well,it detects my joystick but after 30 seconds no red lights again no connection
5 I have tried Joystick Mapper no help again
6. I have check my controller in windows with MotioninJoy it worked on windows.
7. I have reset my ps3 again and tried to connect with mac bluetooth and it asked 8 digits code number and it sees no my ps3 as keyboard.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Honestly, I am stuck with no clue and i hope you guys can guide me in order to fix it.

Thanks in advance

MagnusVonMagnum
Dec 23, 2013, 12:18 PM

Sadly, Limbo won't work with a PS3 controller even if you do get it paired correctly (wired or wireless). My PS3 controller works great here either way with Mavericks (I just press the Playstation button in the center and it automatically connects), but not with certain games like Limbo that couldn't be bothered to add support for more than one whole joystick in the entire world (in this case the wired-only version of the Xbox 360 controller). NO other joysticks work with it period and it doesn't' sound like the authors have the slightest intent of adding any more. I'm sorry I bought the game at this point. I guess I can buy Joystick Mapper for $5 to do what game developers can't be bothered to do. There's also USB Overdrive, but I'm not paying $20 to remap keys to a joystick for a couple of poorly made games, especially when they charge for upgrades too.