PDA

View Full Version : Lets see who can help me!

MacRuler
Jul 31, 2011, 11:41 AM
So i have been looking for an answer for the last 5 days for this problem and i thought id go to macrumors for the answer! :D..so i am on a rip to india and i brought my macbook air along for the ride. i was running snow leopard on my macbook air. and everything was fine. i bought a 3g modem. airtel modem. and it was working great. until i (upgraded) to lion..now the modem wont work. it connects and everything. but pages open either very slow or dont open at all..i know it isnt the modems problem because i am currently running internet with the modem on a windows machine (Which i HATE) so please if anyone has ANY tips on how i can fix this problem. please let me know. thanks guys

mrapplegate
Jul 31, 2011, 11:49 AM
So i have been looking for an answer for the last 5 days for this problem and i thought id go to macrumors for the answer! :D..so i am on a rip to india and i brought my macbook air along for the ride. i was running snow leopard on my macbook air. and everything was fine. i bought a 3g modem. airtel modem. and it was working great. until i (upgraded) to lion..now the modem wont work. it connects and everything. but pages open either very slow or dont open at all..i know it isnt the modems problem because i am currently running internet with the modem on a windows machine (Which i HATE) so please if anyone has ANY tips on how i can fix this problem. please let me know. thanks guys

What are the results of speed tests on the modem from speedtest.net or another site? You state it works, but slow. A 3G modem is dependent on coverage for your area. There is a lot of information that we don't have. The modem works faster on the windows machine from the same location?

Fabricman112
Jul 31, 2011, 11:54 AM
cant really help you.. but Iīm in the same situation also on a trip with my MBP and the Alcatel-drivers arenīt yet updated to Lion...
the Connection-app tries to run in 32bit mode and crashes everytime
luckily I have Win7 in parallels :D

MacRuler
Jul 31, 2011, 12:20 PM
yes it is in the same location the speed on speedtest.com is around 4 mbps on windows 7 and .800 on mac osx lion i was getting around 4 mpbs on snow leopard. (download speeds)

mrapplegate
Jul 31, 2011, 12:25 PM
I guess I would check the modem site for updated drivers. At least you are able to get online, so it is not really a Lion issue, just another issue of companies not having updated drivers in time. They beta test like everyone else, but in the end the their own customers suffer.