PDA

View Full Version : IAC and Soundflower latency

angeloconto
Jul 31, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi everybody.
I'm trying to work with set up: Live and Logic without ReWire, so that I can play Logic instruments via IAC midi bus and have the audio back via Soundflower. It works but it introduces a sensible latency which makes impossible for me to play with this set. When playing Logic instruments whithout IAC and Soundflower latency is reasonably low. I have a white 2007 MacBook with 2G ram and 500 HD.
I'm surprise that IAC bus and Soundflower introduce this latency, since they should be just paths so I thought, quite low in latency.
Thanks in advance for any help
Angelo

3space
Aug 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi everybody.
I'm trying to work with set up: Live and Logic without ReWire, so that I can play Logic instruments via IAC midi bus and have the audio back via Soundflower. It works but it introduces a sensible latency which makes impossible for me to play with this set. When playing Logic instruments whithout IAC and Soundflower latency is reasonably low. I have a white 2007 MacBook with 2G ram and 500 HD.
I'm surprise that IAC bus and Soundflower introduce this latency, since they should be just paths so I thought, quite low in latency.
Thanks in advance for any help
Angelo

Hey Angelo,

Can more RAM be installed in the '07 MacBook? My brother works with Logic instruments, and if I understand right, sufficient RAM is important. Is it possible there is latency because there is some disk caching going on due to the lack of RAM that is increasing latency? Have you checked RAM usage through Activity Monitor or the like?