Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timotay89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I just noticed this problem today and I can't find anything when looking on Google, so maybe someone here knows.

In the past, when I click to see the past versions of a numbers or pages file, it opens the time machine-looking interface and I can see all the versions. Starting today, it all opens, but there's nothing to look at. Each thing that should hold a versions is just empty. By empty I mean there is NOTHING. Just the background. I can scroll through all the places where something should be, but there's nothing there.

Also, I've noticed that some of the file sizes for at least one of my numbers file has been getting smaller instead of larger if I edit it.

If someone either knows how to fix this or is having the same problem, please let me know.

timotay89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
This is what I see...

...when I view the versions of a numbers document. It worked fine in the past, just not recently.

screenshot20110802at102.png

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I may be wrong, but isn't versions stored where your TM backup is if you have one? Did you recently unplug your TM backup?

timotay89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
No, even with the time machine drive plugged in, the problem still persists.

Anyone else seeing this problem (or know how to fix it)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.