PDA

View Full Version : Photo Editing

Willie5566
Jul 31, 2011, 07:32 PM
What do you guys suggest for light photo editing. Here are some things that I anticipate needing:

1. Being able to add text to photos.
2. Blurring out part of the photo. I may take some photos with people that did not give me their permission. I want to be able to make their faces unrecognizable. I do not want to just put a black dot over their face though.
3. Minor touch ups to color, etc.

I don't think any of these are major features. I am looking for something easy to use since this is certainly not my profession.

simsaladimbamba
Jul 31, 2011, 07:33 PM
Pixelmator

MacDawg
Jul 31, 2011, 07:37 PM
Pixelmator is probably the right choice for you, although there are some other free solutions around as well

I have found Pixelmator to be a great value

But you can try the Gimp (free)
Paintbrush
Seashore
or even GraphicConverter

Chappers
Aug 1, 2011, 12:51 AM
You can do what you describe in iPhoto and Preview.

Preview - Add text -- Tools - annotate - add text
Blur faces -- use the retouch tool in iPhoto

Both pieces of allow you to adjust colour etc although iPhoto has more features.

Pixelmator is a great one piece solution but you have to pay for it.

Badrottie
Aug 1, 2011, 02:38 AM
you look for free photo editing? Try Gimp very close to Photoshop

Chappers
Aug 1, 2011, 04:54 AM
you look for free photo editing? Try Gimp very close to Photoshop

Gimp is good but complicated - if the OP only wants basic editing then the tools of Preview and iPhoto should be enough.

Willie5566
Aug 1, 2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the input.

I downloaded the free version Pixelmator last night and have been playing around with it. So far learning has been rough. The tools are not as intuitive as I would like. I have been watching videos on how to do different things with it, which has helped some.