PDA

View Full Version : How do I drag or drop an image or picture into mail in fullscreen mode?

7racer
Jul 31, 2011, 09:36 PM
I have been having a good experience so far with Lion.

My question is, in fullscreen mode I notice some problems

1) you can't compose more than one message at a time
2) you can't easily drag and drop and image into your new message

for #2 does anyone have a solution that I am missing?

Thanks

stratokaster
Jul 31, 2011, 09:40 PM
You can always press Cmd+Space (or whatever hotkeys you use for Spotlight), find a picture using Spotlight and drag it into your message. But this is a bit of a kludge, and that's also why I don't use Mail in full-screen mode.

gr8tfly
Jul 31, 2011, 09:45 PM
And that's the crux of the problem with some fullscreen apps. They don't really work when you need to interact with other apps - be it drag and drop, or just having something open for reference.

One thing you can try is using hot corners for Mission Control. Go to the desktop that has the object you want to drag and drop onto mail. Drag it to the hot corner, keep holding the "button down", and drag it to the desktop with fullscreen Mail. You should be able to release it onto the Mail document.

I've actually used hot corners with Spaces and Expose since they came out to do exactly the above. I like, for instance, to keep Safari and Mail on separate Spaces/Desktops.

I don't mean to say that Fullscreen mode doesn't have it's place, but I don't believe it's meant for just "any old" app. It's more applicable to apps that don't regularly need to interact with other apps, such as FCP, Aperture, Photoshop, and the like.

Hope this tip works out for you. I'm enjoying Lion, too. :)

gentlefury
Jul 31, 2011, 11:19 PM
Drag to mail dock item, it will switch to mail, drag into message.

7racer
Aug 2, 2011, 09:11 PM
awesome!

all those tricks worked! I don't think I would have thought of those!