PDA

View Full Version : Users & Groups Preference Pane crashing

tnsmart
Aug 1, 2011, 01:39 PM
Since I installed Lion, I have been unable to access my Users & Groups preference pane. Every time I click to open it, System Preferences crashes. If it were an application, I would try deleting the preference and cache files, but am not sure what to do here. I have tried repairing permissions, but it didn't help. None of my other preference panes have issues, only this one. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

tnsmart
Aug 5, 2011, 05:33 PM
If it helps, I tried creating a new user (using the Terminal) and I can open the preference pane in that user.

Another problem that I am having is that if in Address Book I click to edit the picture on the contact card of myself (and thus also the user profile pic, I believe) and then click on the clock icon in the upper lefthand corner of the pic editing window, Address Book crashes.

Any help in fixing this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tnsmart
Aug 6, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well I finally figured it out. It had something to do with my user profile pic. I went through and deleted a bunch of files dealing with System Preference, Address Book, and iChat images, all located within /Home/Library. Not sure what it was, but something got it. Neither System Preferences nor Address Book crash now.