Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Man are there a lot of bugs in Lion. Safari has issues for sure, as does writing to a time capsule (smb I think). I had this thing in safari where when I tried to go back to a google search it brought up some other page I had visited earlier...even when I tried to redo the search from the google search bar it did the same thing, I had to fully quit safari to get it to work properly. Added a few bookmarks to the bookmarks bar and one of them didn't line up with the rest, like it was half a character too high and so half of the name was cut off, only way to fix was delete the bookmark and redo it again. Copying files to the time capsule caused them to say they were copying and never show up when they were finished, one I got on by changing the file name which worked for some reason, the other did not no matter what I did. Tried to airdrop a virtual machine (parallels) from one mac to the new one and it immediately gave an error multiple times, other files worked fine. The new air is great but I wish it had snow leopard lol

hereyago

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
i REALLY dislike the slow app store. people are tellling me its because of lion.

and there are some bugs when it wake it up from sleep and stuff.

but what do you expect? lion just came out. i'm a microsoft fan but i have to admit, when a new windows comes out, it's buggy as **** for a year or so :eek:
it'll prob be a while before lion becomes stable?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It's a .0 release. We'll get a 10.7.1 release soon. Lion hasn't even been out two weeks yet. Give it some time.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Was there a lot of bugs with first batch of blu-ray? Yes
Was there a lot of bugs with first iPhone? Yes
Was there a lot of bugs with most of first batch of hardwares and softwares? Yes

Are most of early apple buyers think before they buy?

Hell no.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
Trend on this forum is to hate on Lion (go check out the lion forum). Yet it's just 90 people making threads and over 9000 people disagreeing with them.

So just like with any base OS release, it's a rocky start but you'll change your mind after the next update or two.

I however have not had one issue with the OS from the start.

I can break the people who dislike Lion into two groups. One group are the people who are legitimately having issues, crashes, freezes etc. The other people are the ones who hate UI changes and won't ever be happy with the OS. They're the ones who are also running XP still.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009

I expect apple to get safari right no matter if its lion or not, its a separate app there is no reason for it to be displaying an incorrect page from my history. I also expect apple to get writing files to an apple time capsule correct since they make the hardware and software on both. Everytime I access my iMac with my iPad using splash top it crashes my magicjack program and I have to get up and reopen it because it won't not crash as long as I am controlling the computer with splash top...that I don't blame apple for but when it comes to bugs in safari and bugs with writing to their own hardware then yes they should have gotten it right

tecknik1

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2011
HCM Vietnam
I have not had one problem myself on my new MacAir after one week absolutely rock solid and quick as hell coming out of sleep.

Battery made big improvement after the 3rd charge, I completely drained the battery before recharge and yesterday got over 7 hours doing emails, surfing and listening to iTunes.

Only one self inflicted problem, not knowing Mac I tried to delete Ichat and after talking to costumer service last night I had to reinstall Lion, I was not looking forward to this one, but the reinstall took about 40 min. and went off perfect to my surprise.

I also have Adobe Flash installed and have no problem regarding glitches , freezing or battery drain.

There not perfect Apple products but there the best, PERIOD

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
Yeah - it's got some issues. I really don't understand all the App Store hate - how much time do you really spend in the App Store? Who cares if it starts up in 2 secs or 8 secs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.