Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
In Snow Leopard, if you had Xcode installed, you could OPTION CLICK on the Bluetooth Icon in the Menu Bar and select an option called BLUETOOTH EXPLORER.

I have since bought the new MacBook Air with Lion and recently downloaded and installed Xcode. However, when following the same steps mentioned above, there is no BLUETOOTH Explorer option.

I created this thread because I need to adjust the bit pool settings to my Bose SoundDock 10 to increase the audio quality. Can someone tell me how to find the Bluetooth Bitpool settings in Lion?

Update: I am sure that I can edit the plist for BluetoothAudioAgent, but the BLUETOOTH EXPLORER was easier to use. Therefore, really the question is: does anyone know where the BLUETOOTH EXPLORER feature is in Lion?

Best,

Desmo

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Update:

It seems I made an error - I thought when you download something from the App Store it "automatically" installs. However, this does not seem to be the case. Therefore I have since installed Xcode and the BLUETOOTH EXPLORER OPTION is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.