PDA

View Full Version : Autocorrect

DJLC
Aug 2, 2011, 02:16 AM
So I just fired up Coda for the first time since installing Lion. All is well, except it auto corrects two dashes, replacing them with an actual hyphen. This is usually desirable, but obviously not in Coda. Is there a way to disable autocorrect in Coda only as opposed to toggling it on and off for the entire system every time I need to do web development?

Icy1007
Aug 2, 2011, 02:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

You could always not accept the autocorrect.

DJLC
Aug 2, 2011, 02:30 AM
There doesn't seem to be a way to deny the autocorrect as there is in other apps. Right-clicking doesn't allow me to reverse it, and replacing it only makes it autocorrect again.

paulsalter
Aug 2, 2011, 03:03 AM
try this

go to the edit menu and then down to spelling and grammar

can you change the correct spelling automatically to check spelling while typing

this should remove the autocorrect for this one app and put it back to underlining the things it thinks are mistakes

nervouk
Sep 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
This is driving me a bit nuts too. When typing three periods into Coda it auto-changes it to the ellipsis character. Not great for writing code.

I notice it happens to text in some apps (Coda, TextEdit, VoodooPad) but not others (TextWrangler, Scrivener). Something to do with text encoding in each?

I looked at Edit > Special Characters and unchecked 'punctuation' but that didn't solve it either. I'm sure there's something really simple and obvious I haven't considered yet...

vladb
Nov 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
It looks like these substitutions can be disabled via System Preferences > Language & Text > Text tab > Use symbol and text substitution.

You'll need to restart Coda after the change for it to take effect.