Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kubyustus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Hi,

How can I upload my first and new iphone web app to apple store ?

Do I have to use the Application Loader binary upload?

My web app its ASP code with javascript and xml with connection to SQL server DataBase. It's hosted in my web server.
I can't zip the folder and upload to Apple, because of the connection to a secure DB that is hosted in my web server.

I appreciate your help.:apple:

Thx.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
The App Store is for native apps, not web apps. Web apps, by their very nature, exist on the web.
Exactly!

You could throw it all in to a single web view so that it's technically a native app, but I doubt Apple would accept it if there's absolutely no extra functionality than a plain web app would provide.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Exactly!

You could throw it all in to a single web view so that it's technically a native app, but I doubt Apple would accept it if there's absolutely no extra functionality than a plain web app would provide.

Dubz on that. Apple just simply doesn't like webapps in their appstore. That's what Safari/etc are for. What you could do, is provide an application, which contains your webview, and do some other NATIVE stuff around it :)
Then it shouldn't be a problem.

Gz. noxx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.