Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I followed this instruction : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KaHNLR6Aac and successfully upgraded the RAM of my Mac Mini (Early 2009) with 4GB of RAM (from my MBP). :D:D:D

uRxX6WWpNYy5NjGA.medium

The infamous "prying with putty knife... (ifixit.com)

However, in the course of removing the Super Drive, I accidentally detached two of the antennas, luckily, they can be re-connected very carefully (the connecter is only about 2mm in diameter...), it was really frightening!!

CQASVRTeibNwil5J.medium
(ifixit.com)

It's great that we don't have to go through these troubles for later models of the Mac Mini just to upgrade the RAM ;)

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Am I the only person who prefers the look / shape / form of the older Mac minis?

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
It's great that we don't have to go through these troubles for later models of the Mac Mini just to upgrade the RAM ;)

After doing a CPU upgrade on a 2006 mini (CD to C2D), the 2009 one seemed like a piece of cake to open. I put 4GB in when I bought it, but am thinking of trying the unsupported 8GB option. VMware really likes to have lots of memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.