PDA

View Full Version : lion BUGS and slowness

miladgh
Aug 2, 2011, 09:04 AM
lion is slow in many aspects. it has bugs in gestures. they don't work as expected. for example, in snow leopard, I used to do four finger down to view apps, and hold my hand, when I let go of my hand, it went back to the way the windows were. it's still working on with dashboard key on the keyboard though. just push the button, hold it for a sec and let go. and dashboard comes and goes. this, doesn't happen on gestures. whenever when I do 3 fingers up, mission control appears. now whether i do 3 fingers up or down, i get back to the way it was before. but when it is 3 fingers down, i can't do the 3 fingers downwards again (only upwards word)
in lion launchpad is great. but it is not as fast as iOS devices like the ipad. i feel like sometimes its showing navigations frame by frame (a little bloghing; but u get the idea) the animation is not that fast and smooth.
quick time: when I play a movie, I used to do this all very fast:
press command+F and then space. the movie went full screen, playing. but in lion, i should wait. there's no queue that holds these.

// cpu is 2.5 core 2 duo, ram is 4
please list the bugs you see here. maybe apple fixed these soon.

and how stupid is safari!
i mean, even when I'm using private browsing, because it wants to be nice and beautiful about the page back n forward, it stores images in
userLibrary/cache/com.apple.safari
I guess that's why they have hidden the user library by default!
it stores images and doesn't delete them on time! it can show emails, and private data!!

Riemann Zeta
Aug 2, 2011, 10:04 AM
I am also not a fan of Apple's new practice of storing realtime images of every window opened--I don't even want the "always restore all windows/documents open after application quit and/or reboot" feature so why do I want Lion storing all those superfluous files and compromising security.

stratokaster
Aug 2, 2011, 10:08 AM
Go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/, find the 'Webpage Previews' folder and lock it. After that Safari won't create webpage previews anymore.

AnneStuarto238
Aug 2, 2011, 10:24 AM
1. open Terminal
2. paste " defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSnapshotsUpdatePolicy -int 2 "
3. enter
4. restart Safari

:cool:

miladgh
Aug 2, 2011, 11:26 AM
1. open Terminal
2. paste " defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSnapshotsUpdatePolicy -int 2 "
3. enter