PDA

View Full Version : OSX Lion Trackpad

Jamie.Bowers
Aug 2, 2011, 10:21 AM
So I just installed OSX Lion and I'm loving everything but the trackpad. I hate the trackpad. I went to system preferences-trackpad to try and change it but for some reason I dont have the new trackpad preferences available. Any clue? I added a screenshot so hopefully it will hel. Thanks in advance for any input.

JML42691
Aug 2, 2011, 10:23 AM
What computer do you have? The gestures are only for trackpads capable of supporting multi-touch gestures (glass trackpads, plus one or two random models I believe).

FSMBP
Aug 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
Looks like you're using a pre-2008 MacBook Pro/MacBook. No gestures (other than 2 finger scrolling) are available for those models.

Jamie.Bowers
Aug 2, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah I bought my MacBook in 07 so it isn't the glass trackpad. Does this mean that I am stuck with the backwards scrolling?

pcmxa
Aug 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah I bought my MacBook in 07 so it isn't the glass trackpad. Does this mean that I am stuck with the backwards scrolling?

No, just uncheck the top option.

coorspate
Aug 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Uncheck the top checkbox where it says direction of scrolling.

Jamie.Bowers
Aug 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
A great big thank you to all of the replies. Unchecking the top box in my trackpad options did the trick. Now I am totally in love with the Lion. Thanks for all of the help.