PDA

View Full Version : Issues with 3 finger swipe on magic trackpad

orlandocano
Aug 2, 2011, 04:21 PM
So I pretty much have not experienced any of the bugs that people are having with Lion on my 2010 i7 iMac except for the following:

I finally have my magic trackpad set up and working the way I want it. The gesture I use the most is the 3 finger swipe horizontally to move back and forward within an app. This gesture works on safari, iTunes, iPhoto, twitter etc... But... for some odd reason, it does not always work. It seems like Lion "forgets" the gesture (mainly when i switch from one app to another app that both support the gesture) ... and I am forced to swipe like 5-6 straight times until my iMac "remembers" the gesture, and then it remains working perfectly for as long as I am using that app...

Now this does not always happen... sometimes i switch from app to app and the gesture remains working just fine... but other times, i get the bug where the gesture just stops working... like i said, it mainly happens when i wake the computer from sleep or when i start using another app that supports 3 finger swiping for back and forward... I know I am not performing the gesture incorrectly because the only way I can get it working again is to swipe several times in succession... after a few identical swipes it just starts working and stays working!

Is anyone else experiencing this?? I tried googling like crazy to see if this was happening to anyone else but all the hits that come back are for different gesture issues that people are having on Lion...

A) If this is a problem that others are having, how would we go about reporting it to apple?
B) If someone had this problem and figured out how to fix it, please let me know!

I am including an image of my trackpad system preferences pane...

37b
Aug 15, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm having this same problem. Randomly (it seems) the 3 finger swipe to move forward or backward in Firefox, Chrome and even Reeder just quits working. Just as randomly it comes back.

Hoping this is resolved in 10.7.1