PDA

View Full Version : wi-fi and lion

kingston,
Aug 2, 2011, 07:58 PM
anyone else having issues with lion picking up wi-fi after opening macbook up?

sometimes it does, sometimes it does not, have to turn off wi-fi then turn it back on...... then it seems to work. never had this issue with SL.

running on silver macbook.... other than that, lion rocks....

ideas?

Jagardn
Aug 2, 2011, 08:31 PM
I've only had it happen one time since launch day. I am using a Time Capsule though. I've been wondering if there is some sort of issue with the Security protocols. I'd be interested to know if the people who are having the problems have the same security protocol in use. I know I had some issues with WPA2 when I installed Snow Leopard on my wires Macbook. If its not too much trouble you could try changing to another type.:confused:

kingston,
Aug 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
been nervous to but time capsule, have heard of too many failing, but interesting that others are having the same issue... patch soon i wonder?

gentlefury
Aug 2, 2011, 08:40 PM
been using wifi on my MBA all day, no problems all day.

SerrQ
Aug 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
I actually don't have that problem, my wifi connects just right away.

SaintsMac
Aug 3, 2011, 12:39 AM
been using wifi on my MBA all day, no problems all day.

Same here. No problem.

starlir
Aug 3, 2011, 02:45 AM
I confirm I have this problem on Early 2011 MackBook Pro. After resuming from sleep the Wi-Fi can take up to a minute or more to connect again. Meanwhile my VPN client fails because it cannot get a network connection. Confirm that I had no problems under SL.

stuartmack1974
Aug 3, 2011, 10:58 AM
Lots and lot sof wifi probs been reported my friend. Still waiting fort Lion to roar rather than purr.........:(

c-Row
Aug 4, 2011, 03:36 PM
Wifi on my iMac is rather unreliable sometimes. I am unable to access the internet even though Lion tells me I got a full signal. My MBP (10.6) works fine, so I don't think it's a router problem.

thatoneguy82
Aug 4, 2011, 05:38 PM
I have a similar problem to this. I've upgraded to Lion and have now done a clean install. But, whenever I wake up my MBP, there's sometimes a problem with the WiFi reconnecting. At times, the WiFi icon would animate as "searching" even though it's already connected - since I can surf the web. Other times, it won't connect at all and a restart is the only solution. It seems to be a sporadic problem, but it happened to both upgrade and clean installs.

For reference I have a mid 2010 unibody MBP. I use a TimeCapsule for my network connected to the WiFi modem provided by Verizon FIOS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Christian

Mork
Aug 4, 2011, 05:48 PM
I have a similar problem to this. I've upgraded to Lion and have now done a clean install. But, whenever I wake up my MBP, there's sometimes a problem with the WiFi reconnecting. At times, the WiFi icon would animate as "searching" even though it's already connected - since I can surf the web. Other times, it won't connect at all and a restart is the only solution. It seems to be a sporadic problem, but it happened to both upgrade and clean installs.

For reference I have a mid 2010 unibody MBP. I use a TimeCapsule for my network connected to the WiFi modem provided by Verizon FIOS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Christian

I have hanging problems using Wifi trying and file transfers via an iMac connected to a mac book pro in Lion. Reboot often required.