PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to exit a window while in mission control?

ttran88
Aug 2, 2011, 10:50 PM
So sometimes I open too many windows or I get a couple of ads and want to exit them while in mission control. Right now I have to click it to bring it up and then exit and then go back into mission control. Anyone have a clue? I searched around with no luck.

Thanks

topmounter
Aug 2, 2011, 11:25 PM
I don't think that's the purpose of Mission Control. You could hit App Expose and knock them out from there.

ttran88
Aug 3, 2011, 12:11 AM
I figured out how to do it! I think it is very useful so I'll explain what I did. You need BetterTouchTool which is free. Set up the action to close window under cursor and the gesture to be 3 finger swipe up, which makes it very intuitive because its just like throwing something away, just swipe up :) Plus no other gestures are being taken up by 3 finger swipe up. It also works in mission control. Lets say you go to a website and 4 ads pop up. Mission control by 4 finger swipe up. go over the pop ups and swipe up with 3 fingers and it closes without exiting mission control so you can do it to all of em while in mission control. Enjoy!

SaintsMac
Aug 3, 2011, 12:35 AM
I figured out how to do it! I think it is very useful so I'll explain what I did. You need BetterTouchTool which is free. Set up the action to close window under cursor and the gesture to be 3 finger swipe up, which makes it very intuitive because its just like throwing something away, just swipe up :) Plus no other gestures are being taken up by 3 finger swipe up. It also works in mission control. Lets say you go to a website and 4 ads pop up. Mission control by 4 finger swipe up. go over the pop ups and swipe up with 3 fingers and it closes without exiting mission control so you can do it to all of em while in mission control. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip!