PDA

View Full Version : Launchpad Control

Synergie
Aug 2, 2011, 11:35 PM
I tried searching on the forums for the original post where this app was introduced, but only came up with a ton of posts where the app was mentioned.

Anyway I LOVE this little app... because of it I am able to actually use Launchpad. However, I have come across a bug several times with it now.

It will work fine and my LP stays how I had it organized, with the apps removed that I used Launchpad control to remove. Then all of a sudden I will open Launchpad and everything will be back. All the apps I had removed using the app are dumped back on the Launchpad. Then, when I go into the Launchpad Control app to remove them again, those apps have been duplicated on the list. I can uncheck them again, but this has happened several times now and some of them are now listed 4 times! :(

Has anyone else encountered this?? I REALLY want this to work!

I'm not sure why my Launchpad keeps dumping them back and then duplicating them on the Launchpad Control list. I wasn't doing anything in particular when I noticed the bug. Usually just surfing the net. :confused:

edit: Meant to put 'Bug' in the title... but hit return too soon and I can't change it... sorry

soundguy15
Aug 2, 2011, 11:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same here. Maybe there will be an update to fix it.

iNotion
Aug 11, 2011, 12:29 AM
Now i am trying to delete this app from my system preference....

Anyone know how?

marc11
Aug 11, 2011, 12:45 AM
Hasn't happened to me yet. I love that app too.

baryon
Aug 11, 2011, 02:54 AM
Not sure if you really need a separate app for this. The more little tweaking apps you have, the more bugs and problems you'll build up over time, and you'll never know what's causing your bugs: the little tweak apps, or the OS?

Anyway, what I do is I have 2 pages: On the first page, I have all the stuff I use all the time. On the second page, I have stuff I use from time to time, and folders labeled "Crap 1", "Crap 2" etc... where I keep stuff I won't ever use. I could just put those on a 3rd screen but there's no point really.

It's not really that annoying, it's just one or two extra folder icons in your launchpad and you don't have to deal with stupid bugs like you mentioned, like duplicate lists and stuff like that.